Our first GAY cruise-Mexico 10/15/2005

gsully00

My BF and I have booked our first gay cruise from SanDiego and are asking for any advice,tips or any useful info that could help in having an even better time on this gorgeous ship, we are too excited and can't wait. We are both in our 30's and have been together for 6 yrs, any suggestions guys? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey boys,

There are plenty of threads on CruiseCritic regarding Atlantis Cruises, and the Mexican Riveria cruise specifically.

There are also fan sites for Atlantisevents on the MSN groups, and there is also Kauai Bruce's atlantiscruisers website.

Beyond that, just start asking questions on here, there are tons of Atlantis alumni who can offer info.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there will probably be the Dog Tag T- Dance as well as the Mardi Gras Party to pack for and a Classic Disco T-Dance which is fun. We did the trip in October and had a blast. We leave a week from today for the Southern Caribbean Cruise....... Can't wait. Have fun and know you'll enjoy it.

Well I just decided to spend a few more dollars and switched my cat H cabin on deck 3 to cat F on deck 7. I will now be in cabin 7512.........closer to the pool. This means I wont be on the deck with all the nice guys ...deck 3...unless they move up to deck 7.

I hope that on this trip I meet as many nice guys as I did on the RSVP cruise that just concluded.

I will be at the Holiday Inn Bayside the night before in case anyone wants to get together and head into the gay hood for dinner.

For those that did the trip last year...whats the story with dining. On the RSVP wersterdam cruise last week I found myself dining in the lido for dinner in shorts and a t shirt rather than dress for dinner in the dinning room...as an avid ship traveler I never thought the day would come when I did that...but it did and I loved the comfort...is this possible on a Atlantis cruise? Is it open seating......early , late etc.?

Counting the days.........and the gym days before the cruise.......cant wait!

Now if someone would just tell me if there will be a good mix of passengers and not all circuit boys from LA........we had about 10 on the Westerdam...and everyone took note of the attitude...but 10 out of almost 1900 passengers was pretty darn good.

Ciao

Still trying to decide what deck and what type of cabin we want(of course a balcony) but do we want to spend more than 900 more to do so, that would cover my checkout tab(liquor,photos,etc)--though we did spend over 1100 on the Art Auction last cruise- what do you think, is it worth it guys? BTW, will there be a Art Auction onboard? Ciao-Love Ya! ;)

I know I love them, but will you actually use it enough to justify soo much money? I had one on the Westerdam and went out on it twice during the week...my roomy slept till late in the morning so opening the drapes and door was out of the question. If I took my own advice I should book an inside....nice and dark to insure a restful sleep....but no, I need a window...best alarm clock I know....I am a morning person.

Looking forward to this trip really bad.......glad to see from KuaiBruces web site the crowd last year was very diversified......makes for a fun cruise.

Any idea what the clothing should be? especially for dinner.......?

We are booked on the Carnival Spirit Oct 15 -23 leaving from San Diego - to Manzanillo, Ixtapa and Acapulco. Although we're looking forward to this cruise, our first on Carnival (hope that isin't a mistake), if we had know about the Atlantis cruise we may have booked that instead.

The Radiance is a beautiful ship. I sailed her from San Diego through the Panama Canal to Ft. Lauderdale, Fall 03. great food, very nice and friendly staff. I'm sure many of them will feel right at home ;) .

While in Mazatlan make sure to visit Taco Maz in the Historical District for the best food! I had a dish there recently that was excellent as well as inexpensive - two things I'm not used to being synonomous. The Pork in raisin sauce was excellent!

Maybe we'll get those who tried to book too late from the Radiance to book on the Spirit.

Any pre / post cruise events being planned?

P.S. While any cabin is probably nice on the Radiance - a balcony sure is the way to go!

Park Manor is the place to go the night before(13th), it's suppose to be a bar/nightclub on the rooftop, will be looking to find a place for dinner that night(gay friendly place), We went on Carnival last summer from Long Beach--no problems at all from Carnival, was a very good experience--will see you in SanDiego!

Archived