In room internet connection

I do not consider myself very computer literate, so with that in mind.....

I do have a laptop, if I wish to purchase the in room internet hook-up, is there anything special I'd need to know how to do "other than just where to plug the phone modem".? Once connected, are you basically connected through their provider?

Thanks!

You are given a telephone, a power cord for the phone ( which you MUST plug in) and a phone cord. They also give you a number to put in to dial up (ours was 60 on the MOS). It was very easy. We really used it alot. It cost $100 for the week and we have a MAC Powerbook with Panther. It was really very easy.

You are given a telephone, a power cord for the phone ( which you MUST plug in) and a phone cord. They also give you a number to put in to dial up (ours was 60 on the MOS). It was very easy. We really used it alot. It cost $100 for the week and we have a MAC Powerbook with Panther. It was really very easy.

As the OP was asking about the Jewel I´d like to add that it´s different on the Jewel (and i think on all Radiance class ships).

On the Jewel you are given just a short cord which has two plugs. One of them you plug into the wall and the other one plugs into your modem (Note you need a modem it´s not a network / Ethernet connection). The you have to set up a new dial up connection.

If they didn´t changed it recently Vision and Splendour won´t have in-room internet.

Archived