Has anyone done the Atlantis Submarine?

bigsky2010

I've done both.

The sub is cool for a one time excursion. The previous post with the link hits all the high spots.

I've done stingray city twice.

If I had to do one of the two, I'd do stingray city again.

We'll be diving next time though.:)

We had a wonderful time on the sub, there were 4 of us ages 50-65, one is a diver, two were snorkelers, and one who doesn't do water and sun, and we all loved the experience. saw tons of fish, sea turtles and coral and the sub was more than half empty, so we could move from side to side so we never missed a thing. Would I do it again, yes, would the other three? Yes!:)

I've also done both. Swimming with the stingrays is such an experience, it's hard to tell someone to choose against that. I also enjoyed the sub, had my 2 boys along and they liked it a lot too. But it was a one time thing, mostly because of the price. Not sure if it's still around, but the Sea World Explorer Semi-sub was great too. I think it's cheaper and I actually liked it a bit more because it stays at the surface (though you sit in the hull underwater and look through large windows at sea-life), which allows the sunlight keeps things brighter and easier to see. Just personal opinion.

All good choices. Might depend on who's going. Kids will love any of those options. Shoot, adults too. Good luck in your decision, it's a tough one.

We decided to do the waverunner tour to Stingray City with Fat Fish. I think it will be a little more fun to ride the waverunners to the sand bar rather than taking a boat. It will work well since my husband isn't too excited about the stingrays but loves the idea of the waverunner. I think he will change his mind about the rays once we're there. Thanks for the advice everyone!

We've done the submarine....the a/c doesn't work all that well "below".....if you are prone to seasickness...make sure you are dramanined up! Took our pictures to be developed and the guy at the photo booth told me that there was something wrong with my pictures...they were all blue! We laughed...as they were from "under the sea!"

Trying to decide if this one is worth the money or if we should do the stingrays at Grand Cayman. I would love to hear from someone who's been on the submarine and what they thought. Thanks.

Don't take the semi sub, GC can get rough and its basically a glass bottom boat.

My wife is EXTREMELY claustrophobic and she did great in the sub, the AC worked great, we went down to 105 ft to the cayman wall that went from 100ft to 1600 ft. We saw two moray eel (as is over 6 ft) and cudas and even a nurse shark. It was fun and we would do it again in another area. It was extremely safe.

We decided to do the waverunner tour to Stingray City with Fat Fish. I think it will be a little more fun to ride the waverunners to the sand bar rather than taking a boat. It will work well since my husband isn't too excited about the stingrays but loves the idea of the waverunner. I think he will change his mind about the rays once we're there. Thanks for the advice everyone!

We were thinking of doing the waverunners also, when is your cruise? Ours is Jan 16, 2011. Would love to hear what you think after you get back.

Archived