20 something ladies! 7/29/2010

lcurtis87

I'm not sure how many of you have an i-touch or i-phone, but I find this application really helpful. MyFitnessPal. It is an easy way to record your food, track calories, water, fat and more. They have a pretty extensive search for foods.

The only thing I don't go off of is that they add the calories burned to your total calories allowed for the day. I was told once by a trainer that you couldn't do that. Calories burned are different than calories consumed.

It is hard for me to get Protein so I started making protein shakes every morning. I use a Whey Protein Mix (Tropical Punch) with either Berry or Mango flavored Naked Juice Smoothies along with some ice. Ends up being around 200 calories with 25 grams of protein. It is really yummy and fast to make.

I also use MyFitnessPal on my iPhone 4. It has really helped me by keeping a food journal. I have started to put my exercise amounts in at the end of the day, after eating, because it does put those calories burned back into your calorie inventory. I know that those aren't extra calories that I get in evening. :p

Hey ladies! I hope everyone had a GREAT week. This is finals week for me, and last thursday started my Birthday week Madness!!!!!!

I am proud to say that after an entire week of Birthday fun, eating out, lots of drinking, and then went to the Fair last night and ate all kinds of fried food. I still managed to eat the things I wanted but just not eat too much! I only gained .6 pounds this week

Last week I was 257.2 and this week I am 257.8!!!! So today Im back at drinking all my water, eating my protein, and controlling the types of foods I am eating.

Making sure I get all my exercise in is necessry also.

After I finish my Final Exam for school today I should have a little more focus on ME.

Luv ya girls! have a great week

and WELCOME to all the new girls

Hi Everyone!

This was my first week of really trying to watch what I ate, drink tons of water and work out regularly.

Starting Rate: 181.4 (8/7/10)

8/12/10: 179.1 :)

Realistic Goal Weight for 10/31 Cruise; 163

Goal Weight: 155 lbs (Hopefully by 2/19 Bday!)

My goal for next week is to try to work in snacks or smaller meals so I'm eating more consistently throughout the day and not starving at lunch and dinner.

Good luck everyone!

Looks like we all had positive weeks. :D

I've started the Couch to 5K this week. The shin splints are killing me and I can't do all the the intervals yet but i'm working on it also doing Zumba, Step and yoga too.

Have a great weekend.

JW

Grrr, I actually stayed the same this week. :( But at least it was not a gain.

I know I've been great with the exercise, but *somehow* little bites and snacks of bad things ended up in my mouth this week. Just kidding, I take full responsibility. ;) Off the top of my head I had: a can of Mountain Dew, an apple-cider donut from an apple-picking place, a cupcake, 2 beers, some wine, etc. So, my goal for this upcoming week is to WRITE DOWN my food. I logged on to fitday and updated all my information. Now I am supposed to have around 1,500 calories a day to get to my goal in November. Hopefully by entering the food I eat I can see where the extra calories are sneaking in.

Thanks ladies for keeping my motivated and accountable. Have a great weekend!!!

-Rachel

P.S. Edited to add, Jaw070701, good luck with the C25K!!! I did that last year. I always say, if I could do it, anyone can. I hate running, but I really wanted to run an entire 5K. I did run the whole thing and came in at 39m09s, which is pretty slow for most people but a big accomplishment for me! Hope it all works well and your shin splints feel better soon.

ive been doing C25k since may 23rd. I have been on week 5 for several weeks. once i got there it got really hard but i keep doing the one day over and over again until i built up my endurance. it hasnt been easy but ive seen progrss over time. ive lost 11 lbs since then. i was able to do my first 20 minute straight run a few days ago and it felt great! my knees are very sore though

have you guys seen this website? its called loseitorloseit(dot)com i think i may do it. its gonna be what i need to stop eating bad on weekends. i do great during the week but weekends are a mess

basically, you put your own money up and if you dont meet your weekly goal, you are penalized. you have to send them pics of your feet on the scale. there is more to it, but they do a better job explaining on the website

RachieLnnn and MonkeyBiz - thank you for the C25K encouragement. I took yesterday and today off (walked the dogs only) so hopefully, that will give my muscles enough time to rest. I'm going to repeat Wk 1 again and if that doesn't help - inserts and new shoes (even tho I just bought a pair of UA x trainers) may be in order.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I did slide a little - weekends at home are so much harder than at work.

JW

Oh, I agree about the weekends. I was horrible on Saturday. Wine, beer, and a pulled chicken sandwich out at a restaurant with lots of FRIES. :mad: Ugh.

But I have been faithfully tracking what I eat, so at least I can make it better. My main problem is that I have been getting too many calories from alcohol in social situations. It's such a waste of calories when I could be getting nutritious food! I HAVE to get better about just having one and saying no to the second/third round, etc.

Good luck with the C25K!!! I was right about where you were last year, and then I ran a Halloween themed 5K. Everyone was dressed up in costumes and it was really fun. Since no one took it tooo seriously I felt less pressure. And I was far from the last person, too! :) Like I said, if I can do it, anyone can do it! Take it slow if you have to. I was running the running portions of that program at like 4.5-5 MPH, otherwise I was getting too tired too fast. You can always work on speed, but it's important to get your stamina up first (IMO).

Oh, I agree about the weekends. I was horrible on Saturday. Wine, beer, and a pulled chicken sandwich out at a restaurant with lots of FRIES. :mad: Ugh.

But I have been faithfully tracking what I eat, so at least I can make it better. My main problem is that I have been getting too many calories from alcohol in social situations. It's such a waste of calories when I could be getting nutritious food! I HAVE to get better about just having one and saying no to the second/third round, etc.

Good luck with the C25K!!! I was right about where you were last year, and then I ran a Halloween themed 5K. Everyone was dressed up in costumes and it was really fun. Since no one took it tooo seriously I felt less pressure. And I was far from the last person, too! :) Like I said, if I can do it, anyone can do it! Take it slow if you have to. I was running the running portions of that program at like 4.5-5 MPH, otherwise I was getting too tired too fast. You can always work on speed, but it's important to get your stamina up first (IMO).

I've been jogging at 4.5. No shin splits today :) Also got in 10 minutes of jogging out of 30 - I wanted to see how much I could do.

JW

Keep up the good work everyone! I'm wanting to get out and start jogging again, but it is too hot in Arizona still and I lose motivation when I'm jogging on a treadmill. However, I have the Race for the Cure on 10/10/10 to get ready for. Now if only I could get up at 5am.

Nice, this thread has started out nicely.:) I had said that I joined a gym monday and yesterday I had to cancel the membership due to my husband getting layed off. :( What a bummer I was really enjoying going to the club after work each day.

What I really wanted yesterday was a big fat juicy burger or a meat lovers pizza but instead I had a bowl of special K cereal and a slice of turkey breast later in the night. :rolleyes:

I drink tons of water during the day and it really helps me stay full and not snack so much. I work in an office and am starting to get the "secretary spread" so I am trying to nip it in the bud. My main thing is being bored = eat.

Look forward to this thread and chatting with all of you.

CRUISE IN 60 somethin' days!!!!

Hey Cloverseeker - I so know what you mean about 'secretary spread' , I have the same trouble - I sit at the reception of my office and have noticed the middle part of my body tummy and thighs spreading ! Are there any excercises we can do at our desk ?

I had to cancel my gym membership too cos of the cost - but I was mainly doing Cardio and I could quite easily just do those walks etc out in the open for free - its too late for me to start a plan now for my next cruise - only 11 days to go! but I really hate the fact that this time round I'm having to pack longer shirts and tops etc to hide my tummy - in my view this just encourages further gain ! I am really looking forward to my cruise - but as soon as I get back I'm gonna get fit so that next time I can wear all my lovely stuff. I'm 5 ft 2 inches and weigh 130lbs - Im not fat as such and all my friends say Im fine but I dont like the way my tummy looks now , the boobs look great though haha...

Wow, Monkeybiz, I don't know if I could handle that. I would be so MAD at myself if I lost that money. But I'm sure it will be extra motivation! Wow.

I had a good moment yesterday, when someone came around at the end of the day and offered fresh croissants, muffins, and bagels to me that were leftover from a breakfast meeting. She evilly suggested that I could save them for this morning, but I said no, because I still had homemade healthier blueberry and oat muffins that I made over the weekend. Yay! Typically, it would have been very easy to convince me that it was a good idea to take some (free food!) but I was glad that I said no to that. Bakery goods can have all sorts of extra fat that I didn't put into my homemade ones (also mine had whole-wheat flour and oats and local blueberries and orange juice and lots of good stuff). :)

After that I went straight home and did a half hour on the elliptical and 20 minutes of handweights/situps/etc. before some friends came over. I have people over every week to watch Project Runway, Top Chef, etc. Usually wine abounds but I only had 2 small glasses.

Hopefully all my better choices this week will pay off on Friday when I weigh in!

Hey Cloverseeker - I so know what you mean about 'secretary spread' , I have the same trouble - I sit at the reception of my office and have noticed the middle part of my body tummy and thighs spreading ! Are there any excercises we can do at our desk ? we joke around the office about buying one of those Thigh masters! :p

I had to cancel my gym membership too cos of the cost - but I was mainly doing Cardio and I could quite easily just do those walks etc out in the open for free - its too late for me to start a plan now for my next cruise - only 11 days to go! but I really hate the fact that this time round I'm having to pack longer shirts and tops etc to hide my tummy - in my view this just encourages further gain ! I am really looking forward to my cruise - but as soon as I get back I'm gonna get fit so that next time I can wear all my lovely stuff. I'm 5 ft 2 inches and weigh 130lbs - Im not fat as such and all my friends say Im fine but I dont like the way my tummy looks now , the boobs look great though haha...

My son has been home from overseas and leaves on the 26th. So after that I will have to be really good. At this point really bad would be better than the TERRIBLE that I have been. But too bad! :eek: lol

Good news everybody! My hubby got another job, much quicker than anticipated so maybe I will be able to join the gym again quickly. I had so much fun and I think because it was something I had to "Pay" for it would seem like I was wasting money by not going and and giving it my all.

Congrats on everybody that has been losing! Keep it OFF you can do it!!!:D

well I weighed in this morning and I'm at 198....again the scale is going the wrong way!!! I'm not sure why cause I haven't been eating much lately. Had more starbucks than anything but I have made a few bad food choices too like pizza!!!:eek:

Anyway I'm still working at it. Hope everyone else is doing good.

Archived