Century August 26th mediterranean cruise

jascom

we are going for first time on cruise for our 40th wedding anniversary.we have few questions and like to make sure we have great time and dont miss anything.

we like to take private group tour in

Nice,Florence,Venice,Dubrownik and Split.we have seen Rome and Naples.

Like to know how does private group tour works.are the tour companies waiting at the port or you prebook them.if we have to prebook than does anyone have website for them.

Please let me know how we can make our anniversary cruise memorable.there are lot of experienced cruisers on this forum.please give us benefit of your knowledge and experience.

Any and every help will be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

My husband & I are on your cruise. The best way to find private tours, is to first ask on your cruise forum (which you did) and 2nd to go the the individual city site boards. For instance Destination, Spain, then Barcelona and search for recommendations. I have followed the recommendations on Cruise Critic for many years and they have never steered me wrong. I also recommend a soft cover guide book called "Mediterranean by Cruise Ship", by Anne Vipono. I am finding it very helpful.

Judi

Brooklyn NY

• 2 weeks later...

Rosa Jackson is a famous food critic and author. After reaching her, she is willing to have a cooking class just to accomodate passengers on the Celebrity Century starting at 1300.

See her website at http://www.petitsfarcis.com/bm~tips.shtml

This website has an interview with her: Please scroll down and listen to it. http://blog.zajigirl.com/the_zaji_girl_blog/podcasts/

She is well known and recommended by three tour companies which I contacted. She is also in the Fodor's book.

She usually has the cooking class at 930 or 1100and would prefer not to change the schedule of the cooking class unless it's also convenient for other people, so she is looking for other people other than the two of us who want to sign up for that day. Two years ago, I cruised to Sicily and the highlight of my tour was the cooking class. I recommend it highly. It was our favorite memory.

The ship lands at 1030. I figure we easily could be on land in Villefranche by 1230 then it is 15 mins to Nice.

Please let me know you are interested in this private excursion. We will have a blast!!

Bryan and Tracie

progress.gif

If Sue (can't remember her last name. She lives at Blackpool, a seaside resort in Lancashire, England.) is the cruise director, you will have a fantastic time. She got the senior officers in one of the swimming pools for a water polo match and do her own one hour show.

Archived