Snorkel tour at the cruise pier?

powderqn

Has anyone booked a snorkel tour at the cruise pier? We have done Captain Marvins, Nativeways (Rays, Reef, and Rum Point), and self snorkeling at Eden Rock. We would like to do some snorkel tour WITHOUT the rays.

We always see people offering tours at the cruise pier and wonder if the tours are any good. If you've booked at the cruise pier, could you describe your experience...the good, the bad and the ugly.

TIA

• 1 month later...

I could almost have posted the same question! Have done the snorkeling trips you describe using Capt. Marvin and Capt. Bryan on different occassions when I had friends along.

My dh will most likely want to do a dive the day our ship docks at Grand Cayman. I'd like to catch a snorkeling tour that will have others on it, since I will be solo. Hoped I could maybe hook up w/one coming off the ship near the pier. I just want to be able to snorkel someplace really good for a short time and probably spend an hr. or two at 7 Mile Beach afterwards.

I recall seeing some guys holding up signs for excursions by the tender docks on a couple of our visits and I think the little info. booth nearby had pamplets about tours, etc. It's been a WHILE, though, so ???

I'd love to book a snorkel tour without the stingrays. They're fun, but having done that, I'd rather snorkel and enjoy beautiful fish and coral. But I don't want to book "just anyone" at the pier. I'd like to have a recommended name and, with luck, be able to read something about the tour operator.

Please, CC members, give us some information!!!!!:):):)

Archived