walkie talkie on Oasis

nic1

Has anyone had any luck with walkie talkies on the Oasis? What brand worked for you, if any? I know about the WOW phone, but I am afraid my 12 year old might misplace it.

Thanks in advance!:D

On a ship that big, I don't know how well a walkie talkie will work. So much steel; and on top of that, many other families who think walkie talkies will work. Limited channels, etc.

Personally, I would rely on voice messages on the phone, sticky notes and verbal communication to stay in touch rather than a walkie talkie.

• 1 month later...

i was also thinkling about walkie talkie for our oasis cruise because my son is also forgetful. i was looking into the wrist watch kind so they just wear it instead of carry. you can get 4 of them for 40$ so if she ( or in my case he) loses one you still have one and its alot cheaper than the fee for if you lose the WOW

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=walkie+talkie+watches&hl=en&cid=1011829007261022150&ei=AeaTTKqFA4b0wgXc1sjbDQ&sa=title&ved=0CBYQ8wIwAzgA#p

• With 6km of range, the wristwatch walkie talkie can offer you the freedom to go anywhere and do anything--from weekend hiking to just hanging out at a mall.

This wristwatch walkie talkie is lightweight, state-of-the-art communications devices, providing a new fashionable communication way to your daily life. This package comes with four wristwatch walkie talkies, 4 Li-ion batteries, 4 headsets, 4 chargers. To stay in contact with friends while camping, hiking, skiing or biking,this wristwatch walkie talkie can ensure your safety when cell phone signals fade and fall short.

Still holding a walkie talkie in your hand to communicate with your friends? No, you don't have to now! You can WEAR it just like a watch!

Specifications:

• Wrist watch style in smart fashion
    Multi-channels(depend on different country)
    Up to 6km Communication Range
    Auto Squelch
    Auto Battery Saving
    Auto Channel Scan
    Internal VOX
    Digital volume control
    12 hours AM/PM time display
    Backlight for LCD display
    Li-ion battery with charge

Archived