Bringing wine onto RC Rhapsody?

Alberta65

We did a cruise (Hong Kong - Singapore) on the Rhapsody in 2008. All luggage is supposedly checked and no alcohol whatever is permitted to be brought on board. Certainly all hand luggage (handbags, backpacks, etc) are x-rayed each time you come on board - just like at the airport.

Any alcohol detected will be confiscated and returned to the owner just prior to final disembarkation. I'm almost certain that this is still the case. However, someone who has been with RCI more recently will have more up-to-date info.

Having said all this, later in our cruise we met a couple from the UK who had brought on a case of wine in their suitcase and it went undetected.

I guess they were just lucky !

Visit the RCI board for lots of details about Royal.

There wine policy is the very strictest of any cruise line. NO wine or alcohol carried on at any time.

They do have a wine package offered on board but that doesn't help with getting to enjoy the local wines.

Also there have been a few reports of folks having their wine or alcohol purchase taken when boarding and being told that it will be returned at the end of the cruise. Then the purchase was lost and not returned.

I would think if you are purchasing something special you might plan to ship it home somehow???

Cheers.

Archived