Dear Celebrity: I love the Millennium-class ships, but....

Amerie

I think they are being a little neglected.

Yes, I know you have plans to solsticize them, but in the meantime, please do not let the maintenance slip, and uphold your high standards for decor and cuisine on your ships.

The M-class ships are beautifully built, well-laid out, and they have terrific shipboard staffs. They are just looking a little worn. The work that was done to update the Millennium was not high caliber, (look at the quality of workmanship on the reupholstered chairs) and the new color scheme of pumpkins and silvers and blacks is not attractive. The staterooms seem to have a mixmatch of colors and fabrics from a few different color schemes.

Although we continue to consider them for ourselves because we've sailed them for years, I'm very sad to say that we cannot currently recommend the M-class ships to friends who are looking for a "premium-class" cruise vacation.

We have been on three M-class ships [not Summit] and I thought that Infinity last November was in beautiful condition. Maintenance is on going on all ships at all times. It is disappointing if you come across a ship at a time that it is not looking its best but it is not fair to condem all M-class ships on your experience of one of them at one point in time.

Sue

Archived