Carnival Destiny

We are planning a cruise in October or November on Carnival.

Right now the boat we have in mind is the Destiny. I've seen this boat a couple of times and both times I've seen it , it looks busted and rusty.

Is the inside as bad as the outside?

I'm sure it's a nice ship, but does it still have the pink staterooms with the pink bedspreads? Or has Carnival updated the rooms on this with the new Carnival bedding and flat screen TVs?

Not that the TVs matter, we don't watch much TV, I'm just curious as what condition the ship is in.

The reviews on it are mediocre at best.

Hate to tell you this but almost all the Carnival ships have the same 'coral' decor in the cabins - you would be hard pressed to figure out what ship you're on when inside a cabin.

Very recent reviews for the Destiny have been excellent!

i just got off her ?or him? yesterday. i didnt notice anything old looking really. on embarkation they were painting the outside. during the cruise they put new carpet on 3rd floor, were fixing one elevator and on debarkation i saw them painting the railings on top deck. my room was on the 1st floor riviera, 1271 and we had an old tv, the remote didnt work either. my parents were on the 2nd floor 2282 and they had a flat screen with a working remote. i did notice smells on our floors mainly on the mid section of the ship but it was NOT overwhemling. the bathroom is still pink and small. the bed is white. overall i would do it again. i say go for it. my advice if you do is book near the back elevators!!! they leave you in front of the jacuzzi, aft pool, pizza, grill, buffet entrence and the universe dinning room entrence. its very convienent! also the grill (where the aft pool is) is open for breakfast! an employee directed us there when the lines were full. there was never more than 15 people there and its the same food as the buffet.

I say go for it. We booked this cruise for Jan due to timing and price. Leaving our three teens with their Uncle so unless we get shipwrecked, we will have a great time! Remember every cruise has someone who loved it and someone hated it. Just remind yourself your on vacation!

Archived