Do men really hate wearing suits?

elena7seas

I love wearing a finely tailored suit with a great shirt and tie. Even more I love wearing a tux,particularly on a cruise. Besides that i find it to be a babe magnet.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

In my own humble opinion :D a suit does not make a man, but what's underneath. ;)

A couple of reasons to wear an undershirt. If you are wearing a thin dress shirt then sometimes

your chest hair or nipples are visible through the shirt, not a nice sight in my opinion.

:D:DYup. I don't want to be making eye contact with some fat man's hairy nipples.

Second is saving your dress shirts from the yellowing and crusting some antiperspirants cause. Cheaper to replace undershirts that dress shirts.

Thirdly if you sweat under your arms and undershirt will make this slightly less obvious.

Fourth - it really doesn't make you warmer, I've lived in Florida almost my entire life and I've always worn an undershirt.

I totally agree with you.

My DH wears a T 99% of the time under his shirts.

All men should wear an undershirt, it's the appropriate thing to do.

That's how you can tell a well-dressed man from a not so smart dresser.

I'll chime in.....

My DH is 6'4" and works out daily. He is a trim "big guy". His coat size is a 50 extra long. Between the suit coat, suit pants, dress shirts, ties, belt, fancy socks and SIZE 13 dress shoes, his suitcase is then HALF FULL with clothes he'll wear for just a few hours (and that is the part he hates!) :o

size. We have four tuxedos and MANY suits, but HATE to drag them on vacation...he hates it. We have his tuxedos custom made with built in cumberbunds and hidden buttons so he doesn't have to struggle with studs---nevertheless he DOES NOT like the extra room it takes. He much more prefers just to take on dark blue blazer and a black pair of shoes and do that without a tie. He is 74, but really young looking and acting. For me and for us'n we can get away with a lot with no weight and no room. This is a vacation and we should look ELEGANT, but just having a Tux...and the extra weight for one or two nights (and he won't wear regular shoes, so he has to have his "special shoes") just is NOT practical. He is for ELEGANT and not Penguin...and I agree with him. We agree with you completely.

Don't count on it. I tried to go that route, and called the supplier directly; they laughed when I told them what size I needed.

rented a tux. They would not give it to him until about two hours before the formal night which was the second night out. The jacket was fine...and the pants were at least 5 sizes too big. No time for alterations...they told him they didn't have pins. Fortunately we were in the PS and I got my butler to bring 13 pins (they did have pins) and we pinned him in. Honestly it was embarrassing. Renting isn't the answer.

In my own humble opinion :D a suit does not make a man' date=' but what's underneath. ;)

That's how you can tell a well-dressed man from a not so smart dresser.[/quote']

Im so glad you just set the standards for how men should wear undershirts under their dresshirts! What, may I ask is your credentials or source of information to say that it is "the appropriate thing to do".

My bespoke dress shirts are made to fit my body, not with another stuffy layer under it.

I find it funny for you to say that you can tell a well dressed man from a not so smart dresser! This is HILARIOUS ! A well dressed man has clothes that fit him well and made out of fabrics that are suitable for his needs. Nipples and hair? Get a thicker or patterned cotton. Undershirts are to be worn if you sweat excessivley, and even then, why would I make myself hotter by adding another layer if I am already going to sweat buckets, you will be hotter and will simply sweat through all three layer! Undershirts cause double seams and an overall baggy look, when a shirt should be form fitting and crisp.

Just because your husband needs to hide his gastly hairy nipples does not mean that the rest of us be subjected to your overgeneralizations and bogus suggestions for what is correct. :eek: A well dressed man would go for a thicker materail, or visit the salon prior to going and get a good old waxing ! LOL!

+1, well said

It is always amusing to hear how the ladies "know" what is right when it comes to mens clothing - my DW doesn't know the difference between Canali and something from Sears... :rolleyes:

Im so glad you just set the standards for how men should wear undershirts under their dresshirts! What, may I ask is your credentials or source of information to say that it is "the appropriate thing to do".

My bespoke dress shirts are made to fit my body, not with another stuffy layer under it.

I find it funny for you to say that you can tell a well dressed man from a not so smart dresser! This is HILARIOUS ! A well dressed man has clothes that fit him well and made out of fabrics that are suitable for his needs. Nipples and hair? Get a thicker or patterned cotton. Undershirts are to be worn if you sweat excessivley, and even then, why would I make myself hotter by adding another layer if I am already going to sweat buckets, you will be hotter and will simply sweat through all three layer! Undershirts cause double seams and an overall baggy look, when a shirt should be form fitting and crisp.

Just because your husband needs to hide his gastly hairy nipples does not mean that the rest of us be subjected to your overgeneralizations and bogus suggestions for what is correct. :eek: A well dressed man would go for a thicker materail, or visit the salon prior to going and get a good old waxing ! LOL!

In my own humble opinion :D a suit does not make a man' date=' but what's underneath. ;)

That's how you can tell a well-dressed man from a not so smart dresser.[/quote']

You are joking, right? MyDH is a very well-dressed man. He shops at one of the finest men's stores in our city. He has never even owned an undershirt in all the years I have known him. (and that's many). His shirts are opaque 100% cotton (too expensive, if you ask me!) and he has none of the problems you described.

You are joking' date=' right? MyDH is a very well-dressed man. He shops at one of the finest men's stores in our city. He has never even owned an undershirt in all the years I have known him. (and that's many). His shirts are opaque 100% cotton (too expensive, if you ask me!) and he has none of the problems you described.[/quote']

100% cotton is the way to go, and you never have a problem. I can't stand that polyester blend crap.

You husband is right, you get what you pay for.

I won't spend an extra penny for a fancy label ora designer , but the extra comfort or wearibility is priceless

Nothing completes a look quite like the white semicircle situated beneath the gentle downward-sloping arc formed by the collar and button. The Undershirt, also referred to as the Nethershirt, acts as a classy person’s canvas, on which they create their masterpiece by assembling dynamic coexistence between the Polo horse, the base color of their choice, and possibly a small pattern that coincide in perfect harmony as they rest loosely around the torso of their maker.

:p

Wish these were my words, unfortunately there not.:rolleyes:

http://www.undershirtguy.com/ :D

Ok guys you wear a nice white crisp dress shirt without an undershirt. You wear it a few times, on a hot summer's day, or dancing away. Have you ever noticed that same opaque 100% cotton white dress shirt is white everywhere except in two places? :rolleyes:

this thread was supposed to be asking if MEN hated wearing suits on vacation -

its turned into a fashion thead dominated by the women.

Go figure..

Now it's switched back away from women and instead it's talking about men again and whether they should wear a t-shirt under their dress shirt in order to cover their fat hairy (or not hairy) nipples.

Better? :p

Quoting a site that seeks to sell what it is you are advocating is hardly a worthwhile exercise nor convincing. Neither is the fact that some people don't know proper laundering.

Nothing completes a look quite like the white semicircle situated beneath the gentle downward-sloping arc formed by the collar and button. The Undershirt' date=' also referred to as the Nethershirt, acts as a classy person’s canvas, on which they create their masterpiece by assembling dynamic coexistence between the Polo horse, the base color of their choice, and possibly a small pattern that coincide in perfect harmony as they rest loosely around the torso of their maker.[/color']

:p

Wish these were my words, unfortunately there not.:rolleyes:

http://www.undershirtguy.com/ :D

Ok guys you wear a nice white crisp dress shirt without an undershirt. You wear it a few times, on a hot summer's day, or dancing away. Have you ever noticed that same opaque 100% cotton white dress shirt is white everywhere except in two places? :rolleyes:

Edited by caribbeansun

• 4 years later...