Carnival piano player

Does anyone know how your first dance song will be played if you have the piano player? Do they just play it on the piano, or can it be played on a cd player, then just have the piano playing for the rest of your reception? I'm getting married on the Liberty & don't really want the disco for my reception b/c it's super ugly w/ giant hands & feet all over w/ tattoos on it (really weird!) But I don't want our first dance song played w/out the lyrics being sung. Any info. would be great!

We had the piano player for my wedding. He played our first dance for us on the piano, but it was spiced up a bit. Think dueling pianos.

If you want to put your first dance on a CD and play it that way, I am sure Carnival can manage that. Just ask them.

We had the piano player for my wedding. He played our first dance for us on the piano, but it was spiced up a bit. Think dueling pianos.

If you want to put your first dance on a CD and play it that way, I am sure Carnival can manage that. Just ask them.

So the piano player also sung the lyrics to the song? Did you have to provide the music?

Thanks for asking OP, I was wondering and worried about the same thing! On the legend, the Disco is full of Medusa heads! lol.

Does anyone know how your first dance song will be played if you have the piano player? Do they just play it on the piano, or can it be played on a cd player, then just have the piano playing for the rest of your reception? I'm getting married on the Liberty & don't really want the disco for my reception b/c it's super ugly w/ giant hands & feet all over w/ tattoos on it (really weird!) But I don't want our first dance song played w/out the lyrics being sung. Any info. would be great!

I am cruising on the Dream but I emailed Carnival's wedding department last week about this. I was told that you can bring your own CD if you have the piano player and there is a particular song you want played. Just email your contact with Carnival Weddings dept to find out if you need the original CD, can bring an Ipod (you bring cords) or if a burned copy will work in their players.

I got married on the Carnival Inspiration, and booked the piano player. The reception was in the Rhapsody in Blue piano lounge, and when we came in they announced us, had us cut the cake and do a toast, then they opened the buffet. There wasn't really any dance floor in that lounge so we didn't have an official first dance, although we did dance a bit to some Billy Joel the piano player was playing (he was all right, he kept playing the theme to "Peanuts" tho!!). He took requests from guests also.

There is a person who is the "day of" coordinator who meets up with you while you are waiting to board, I assume if it is important to you then you could arrange exactly what you want with them. :cool:

Archived