Freedom Tours or Carnival Tour St John-St Martin

I want to do a Freedom Tour in St John...to St Martin...my husband prefers the ship tour

1. How close does Freedom meet you to the ship...and are they hard to find?

2. If you do the ship's tour...are you on a large bus or mini van?

Thanks

Your driver for Freedom Tours will be in the pier area as you exit the ship and will be holding a sign with your name on it. You can't miss them. Others on your cruise will probably be booking with them, also. With them you will have a personalized tour and any extra stops you might want - like photo ops. The Fundy Trail is not far from St. Martins, so consider a tour to include going there. The drive is beautiful. Unless the ship tour your husband wants is not offered by Freedom, I can't see why he would want to be on a ship tour with a lot of people.

Thanks for the info......

I just booked.........

My husband was concerned about finding the tour group and getting back late. It seems they are easy to find, the tour only goes an hour away, and we're scheduled to be back 4 1/2 hours before the ship sails!

You will have a wonderful time. It is a beautiful area and we love going back there. Last time we were there we also had our driver take us to a local store to buy Canadian chocolate. Not part of the tour itinerary, but this is the joy of having a private tour, and he was glad to accommodate us. You will be very happy with Freedom. Have a great time! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Did you book one of their small private tours or one of their larger bus tours? If you book the larger bus tour, are they still recommended as highly? There are only two of us so we can't swing the private tour. I have tried the roll call to look for others to share the private tour cost but have been unsuccessful. Any comments about their group tours would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

I'm not sure which I have. When I talked to Heather at F.T. I told her I did not have a group. She said she had just had someone else book same tour and date as I wanted so she was starting a new group. The main difference in this and ships tour is lunch is not included - it's optional - and I'd rather decide for myself if I want chowder or not.

Send them an email and they will answer any questions you have.

Patsy

• 1 month later...

Just got back from our cruise and we booked the Bay of Fundy tour with Freedom Tours. I couldn't have wished for a better tour. We were lucky and got to see the reversing falls at both low and high tide. This tour was the best tour we had the entire trip. They showed us spots that the big tour buses couldn't go to. It was wonderful. I highly recommend them!

Mary

I want to do a Freedom Tour in St John...to St Martin...my husband prefers the ship tour

1. How close does Freedom meet you to the ship...and are they hard to find?

2. If you do the ship's tour...are you on a large bus or mini van?

Thanks

We've done the St. Martin tour both ways -- through the ship and through Freedom Tours. The ship included a bowl of seafood chowder and had a lovely St. Martin native as a guide. However, she was so thrilled to tell you ALL about her lovely homestead -- (not to everyone's delight). Freedom Tours was a mini bus and we felt more comfortable -- much more personal and we bought our own chowder (delicious) and a lobster roll too. In addition, the tour guide from Freedom accompanied those on the sea cave walk and was able to give much more information on it than when they did it on their own. Vicki

Archived