Plus size - post pictures of your dresses please

mollymoo12

Thank you soooo much Moxie. helps a lot. Have a great cruise

I have gotten great long dresses for $50.00 but it is very much hit or miss. I check often . they carry sydneys closet, kiyonna and igigi stuff

simplydresses.com

edressme.com

cruisenub-by any chance is there a Ross store nearby. I got a full length total black sequin Scala dress for $30.00

Thank you soooo much Moxie. helps a lot. Have a great cruise

I have gotten great long dresses for $50.00 but it is very much hit or miss. I check often . they carry sydneys closet, kiyonna and igigi stuff

simplydresses.com

edressme.com

cruisenub-by any chance is there a Ross store nearby. I got a full length total black sequin Scala dress for $30.00

There is a Ross, I will go check it out.

Thanks for the other 2 links. I will look there too.

0305_59788_mm.jpg

I love this dress but the reviews say it sheds glitter everywhere. I don't know if I actually care as I may add glitter to my face and arms anyway. I just don't want to be rude to others if they sit where I may have been seated and get glitter on them.

0503_02296_mm.jpg

I think someone else posted this one here too, I love this one and if I decided to get away from the glitter I will get this one.

0305_54261_mm.jpg

This one will end up being what I get because it is black. I wanted to be spontaneous and trendy by adding in color or flare. I don't know if I can.

Which one would you all pick for a 5 foot 3 inch girls who is in a size 22/24 (hopefully smaller in 10 months at least a size or 2). I am not super busty but I have a big booty and a baby belly??????

Edited by cruisenub

Cruisenub, I have the silver dress from avenue and it does shed, but that is not going to stop me from wearing it on my cruise in April. I've taken it outside and shaken it a couple times and plan to do that a few more times in hopes that it won't shed as much. It is still a beautiful dress and I cannot wait to wear it. I love the other two dress choices as well in fact I had the third dress ordered and they sent me someone else's order. I decided it was a sign I had enough dresses so just told them to give me a refund. Whatever you choose will be beautiful.

Cruisenub, I have the silver dress from avenue and it does shed, but that is not going to stop me from wearing it on my cruise in April. I've taken it outside and shaken it a couple times and plan to do that a few more times in hopes that it won't shed as much. It is still a beautiful dress and I cannot wait to wear it. I love the other two dress choices as well in fact I had the third dress ordered and they sent me someone else's order. I decided it was a sign I had enough dresses so just told them to give me a refund. Whatever you choose will be beautiful.

That was it, all I needed...silver it is. Now I need a tan and a super cute pair of shoes.

It actually was the cheapest of the 3 dresses so that should make DH happy :)

That was it, all I needed...silver it is. Now I need a tan and a super cute pair of shoes.

It actually was the cheapest of the 3 dresses so that should make DH happy :)

I LOVE that one, my second choice would've been the black one.

0305_59788_mm.jpg

I love this dress but the reviews say it sheds glitter everywhere. I don't know if I actually care as I may add glitter to my face and arms anyway. I just don't want to be rude to others if they sit where I may have been seated and get glitter on them.

0503_02296_mm.jpg

I think someone else posted this one here too, I love this one and if I decided to get away from the glitter I will get this one.

0305_54261_mm.jpg

This one will end up being what I get because it is black. I wanted to be spontaneous and trendy by adding in color or flare. I don't know if I can.

Which one would you all pick for a 5 foot 3 inch girls who is in a size 22/24 (hopefully smaller in 10 months at least a size or 2). I am not super busty but I have a big booty and a baby belly??????

These dresses are beautiful. Where do you get them? I really like the middle ones colors.

0305_54261_mm.jpg

where did you find this one? I love it cuz it has sleeves! I don't wear sleeveless. I am round, 5'4" and small chested. So I think this might work for me.

I think your post above refers to where this dress came from? onestopplus??? I'm on my way now LOL

Edited by Shekim

I looooooooooove Igigi. If I worked, I would wear their stuff every day-but I'm usually in yoga pants and a tank top. If you "like" them on Facebook, they post a lot of 6 hour sales and "secret" coupon codes that they don't send out through email.

This dress is AH-mazing. We don't leave until tomorrow and I keep putting this dress on and looking at myself (then again, I'm vain)-I did have to have 4" cut off and then another inch hemmed so I could wear it with 3.5" heels-it's really really long.

If you can, please post a picture when you return from your cruise. Enjoy yourself!!!

Here's the silver and glitter dress:

http://www.onestopplus.com/clothing/Silver-Sparkle-Dress.aspx?PfId=199307&DeptId=11583&ProductTypeId=1

Orginally sold at Avenue.com

Here's the purple and Teal dress:

http://www.onestopplus.com/clothing/Dark-Plum-or-Sapphire-Blue-Swirl-Skirt-Party-Dress.aspx?PfId=193126&DeptId=11583&ProductTypeId=1

orginally sold at Roamans.com

I didn't find the black one. But there are so many black dresses and the pictures are small.

Here's the silver and glitter dress:

http://www.onestopplus.com/clothing/Silver-Sparkle-Dress.aspx?PfId=199307&DeptId=11583&ProductTypeId=1

Orginally sold at Avenue.com

Here's the purple and Teal dress:

http://www.onestopplus.com/clothing/Dark-Plum-or-Sapphire-Blue-Swirl-Skirt-Party-Dress.aspx?PfId=193126&DeptId=11583&ProductTypeId=1

orginally sold at Roamans.com

I didn't find the black one. But there are so many black dresses and the pictures are small.

The black dress has disappeared into thin air! :eek:

The black dress has disappeared into thin air! :eek:

Oh well, then that means it wouldn't have looked good on me :rolleyes: I did order a black dress from Avenue. It should be in today or tomorrow. I've got 4o something days so I need to shop now.

Thanks, ladies, for the inspiration to get this done!

Kiyonna is another brand that posts quick sales and coupon codes on their Facebook page-my favorite yoga pants are from Kiyonna :)

I looooooooooove Igigi. If I worked, I would wear their stuff every day-but I'm usually in yoga pants and a tank top. If you "like" them on Facebook, they post a lot of 6 hour sales and "secret" coupon codes that they don't send out through email.

This dress is AH-mazing. We don't leave until tomorrow and I keep putting this dress on and looking at myself (then again, I'm vain)-I did have to have 4" cut off and then another inch hemmed so I could wear it with 3.5" heels-it's really really long.

I bet you will look GREAT in that dress. Please post pics. I will head to FB and join those fan pages. I'm all for sales! Thanks!

I ordered this one a couple of days ago from Igigi.com - probably not for formal night but just for a nice smart casual dress. But who knows when I see it - maybe it would be "cocktail dressy" enough...

sundress.jpg

I ran into Ross to check out what they had and got this simple dress for $19.99. It is a lighter shade of blue than it looks in the pic, and the front is like an attached open jacket. Just pulls on over the head and very comfy and easy, but looks dressy and flattering. No slip necessary with the two layers of skirt material. I 'm thinking it would do for both formal nights. I wore a dressier cocktail dress for one of the formal nights on my last cruise, and had to worry the whole night that the plunging neckline was showing my bra. I think this one will be worry-free but still make me feel special. cruisedress.jpg

I ran into Ross to check out what they had and got this simple dress for $19.99. It is a lighter shade of blue than it looks in the pic, and the front is like an attached open jacket. Just pulls on over the head and very comfy and easy, but looks dressy and flattering. No slip necessary with the two layers of skirt material. I 'm thinking it would do for both formal nights. I wore a dressier cocktail dress for one of the formal nights on my last cruise, and had to worry the whole night that the plunging neckline was showing my bra. I think this one will be worry-free but still make me feel special. cruisedress.jpg

I saw this at my local Ross. They had it in my favorite color, purple. It looks nice and I think it will be perfect for your cruise. I think people are getting more relaxed about formal nights since the airlines are charging for bags and the weight limit restricts everything. Soooo, if you don't feel like wearing it 2 nights it's all good! ;)

On our last Voyager of the Seas cruise we told our waiter we would not be coming in for dinner on the formal nights because we did not bring formal wear. She said not to worry about it that we would not be denied to the dining room. She was right. We saw everything in there, from formal gowns/tuxes to what would be worn any other night!

I'm loving all of these dress pictures! Thank you all for sharing.

I went to David's Bridal this past weekend - dragged my poor husband along - to try on dresses. I grabbed just about every dress in my size that they had in stock. I found a few that I liked a lot more than I thought I would, some that I thought would look good but didn't, and I found one dress that I just had to bring home with me.

The staff there was wonderful. They were NOT shy about telling me which ones didn't look good at all. I appreciated that very much. My husband actually had a good time. He posted on Facebook while watching that it was a cool store to hang out in because there were all these pretty women trying on pretty dresses, and everyone was happy. He just wished that they sold beer.

Anyway, this is the dress that I brought home with me. It was NOT the dress that I went there intending to buy, and I'm a very happy woman.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Spaghetti-Strap-Chiffon-Dress-with-Beaded-Waist-F12495_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Long-Bridesmaid-Dresses

It also comes with a shawl/scarf thingy that I will throw over my shoulders and arms. I'm a size 18, nearly 20, and I have almost no boobs, so this dress was rather flattering. The bust are is tight, but the bottom half is flowing. I'm happy. I got it in black because that's what they had in stock, although I would have been happier with red.

Anyway, this is the dress that I brought home with me. It was NOT the dress that I went there intending to buy, and I'm a very happy woman.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Spaghetti-Strap-Chiffon-Dress-with-Beaded-Waist-F12495_Bridal-Party-Bridesmaids-Long-Bridesmaid-Dresses

Very pretty dress. Do post a picture of you in it when and if you get a chance or possibly after your cruise!!