"stealing " with the beverage package

CLEMM

I have a question for ya -

Suppose I bought the Premium Package and my DH purchased the Classic.

Would it be stealing :rolleyes: if I felt like a less expensive drink and order under his card and he felt like a more expensive drink and ordered it on my card?

It would be Fraud on the part of DH usage your card. The outlines/limitations for each package are clear, you know that, right?

Some packages are backwards compatable. Some are limited. Switching cards since the outline of the package is clear cut is Fraud.

I have a question for ya -

Suppose I bought the Premium Package and my DH purchased the Classic.

Would it be stealing :rolleyes: if I felt like a less expensive drink and order under his card and he felt like a more expensive drink and ordered it on my card?

Technically - since you and DH switched cards = fraud.

I may be wrong, but I don't think offering one sip to a thirsty friend was what most of the posters were talking about.

Peteymil, I don't think you are wrong. I doubt anyone was saying allowing your spouse/partner/friend a sip is theft. I know I wouldn't see anything wrong with that.

However the "gray area" comes in when your spouse/friend likes your drink and asks you to get them a drink too. Now as a alcohol plan holder do you purchase them the drink or do you order a drink on your pre-paid plan?

I personlly would pay for that drink so I wouldn't have anything to feel guilty about. In my mind the person who orders a drink from the pre-pay plan and gives it to anyone who hasn't paid has committed theft/fraud.

I say "gray area" because I can understand how many people would justify that behavior. I don't agree with that but understand.

How can it be stealing if the package is paid for??

We were thinking of getting one but don't know if DH would drink enough in one day to justify the price. I am unable to drink hardly any alcohol and no carbonated beverages. How would it be so wrong for him to get me one drink every 3rd or 4th day?

Let me get this straight. If two of you walk into an all-you-can-eat buffet, you only pay for one and then share, correct?

What's to understand? If you pay for ONE package, then only ONE person is entitled to use it. Not one person at a time, or one person today and the other tomorrow, but ONE person and ONE person only.

Know it! Understand it! Live it!

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

P.S. As others have said about tipping, "If you can't afford to pay for the package, and you want to consume the beverages, then maybe, just maybe you should consider staying home." Of course, the same thing applies to those who would smuggle alcohol.

In the red corner we have the 'oh just a little sip side' and in the blue corner we have the 'thats naughty' side....

Personally I am sick to death of this being flogged about on here. No one is going to win the topic so lets just put it to rest !!!!:)

It would be Fraud on the part of DH usage your card. The outlines/limitations for each package are clear, you know that, right?

Some packages are backwards compatable. Some are limited. Switching cards since the outline of the package is clear cut is Fraud.

Technically - since you and DH switched cards = fraud.

Oh, I forgot he bought both with his charge card.

;)

So even if he bought both packages and we switched, you consider that fraud?

Interesting!!!!!

Clemm, you should definately report all and any violators of the beverage package poloicy. You should print copies of the policy and keep several of them with you to pass out to people who even look like they might try to scam the cruise line. Also, make sure that you know where the nearest phone is at the bar, so you can call security and notify them when a fellow cruiser violates the beverage package policy. I am sure the world will be a much safer place when you take the steps nessecary to police these serious offences onboard. If for some reason cruise ship security does not lock these violators in the brig, please email me right away with a complete description of the offender(s). I used to be a mall cop, so I know a thing or two about people stealing. I will be happy to call my cousin Sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane and see if he can bring additional officers to assist in the arrests.

Darn, you must be so fun to cruise with. By the way, I wear my Armani Tuxedo to all formal dinners onboard.

I am stunned to see that on the sticky above there are posters who actually believe that giving a drink from your beverage package to a person who did not purchase a package is not stealing, and are defending the practice as being "built into the price." I have a hard enough time accepting dress code violators, but THIS? I am worried that the price of the beverage packages will go sky high or the packages will be eliminated all together if there are too many cruisers who feel that stealing is acceptable. I hope Celebrity will take action against any cruisers attempting this so that the practice does not become the trend, as in the relaxation of the dress code.

I understand that some cruise lines don't allow just one passenger of a cabin to buy certain drink packages - both have to buy.

I now realise why.

However, I'm sure that most of the folk who commit 'fraud' as mentioned before don't realise that they are doing anything wrong.

We bought a package for 14 small bottles of water. As we usually had lunch on land we bought just one package . At dinner my husband would give his sea pass to the waiter and ask for two bottles. The waiter would automatically put one bottle in front of DH and one in front of me.

It never passed through our minds that we were doing anything irregular. And DH is the type of person who wouldn't dream of breaking any rules.

Minesweeping.....means just that....going around the bar sweeping up the drinks remaining at the end of the night !!!!.....:D

You must do a lot more drinking than me. I never heard that expression before. Mind you, you've just put an idea in my heid. I could use my sporran. Only kidding!

Archived