Bringing Mixers on Ship?

Thanks for all of the tips! The vanilla ice cream sounds great!

So, the small cans of pineapple jucie will make two drinks? I could bring on two 6 packs.

Can anyone confirm that I can bring more pineapple/margarita mix on from port?

Does anyone know if I can get pineapple juice from room service?

I saw that the baja bob's are out of the packets. I' have a box at home w/like 10, so I'll try that and see if it's as good as their regular mixers. I'll also look at ABC for powdered margarita mix.

Thanks everyone!!!

When we were in St Thomas we each brought back on a case of pop, plus 2 six packs of pineapple juice and a bottle of Margarita Mix. No problem at all.

I guess it would depend on how much pineapple you like, but one can was good for us. Pineapple juice was not on the room service menu.

I saw that the baja bob's are out of the packets. I' have a box at home w/like 10, so I'll try that and see if it's as good as their regular mixers. I'll also look at ABC for powdered margarita mix.

Thanks everyone!!!

please come back and let us know how they taste!

So you have used the regular baja bob's mix and it's good?

]

Poptart~ I haven't tried Zilch mixers but I have had Margaritaville and I find that to be way too sweet. When I make them at home I usually do the lime juice/beer/tequila margaritas.

yup the laxative thing cracked me up too! cute website, but they haven't replied to my email.

I am going to order a couple of bottles of mixer from baja bob...Lordy I'll save a million calories and may finally lose that 10# thats bugging me :D

I like the Jose Quero maragarita mix.

I don't like beer or "fizzy" drinks, so have never tried the "beer" margaritas. What's the measurments?

I do plan to check at Target for the sugar free powder mix....

yup the laxative thing cracked me up too! cute website, but they haven't replied to my email.

I am going to order a couple of bottles of mixer from baja bob...Lordy I'll save a million calories and may finally lose that 10# thats bugging me :D

I don't like beer or "fizzy" drinks, so have never tried the "beer" margaritas. What's the measurments?

Poptart, at Target it is their brand..Market Pantry I think...I really like the Cherry Limeade and the Grape...have tried the strawberry lemonade and fruit punch also and they were OK...

I've used Baja Bob's for a long time and they are excellent! I love the regular margarita, the triple citrus margarita and the Mai Tai is amazing! I'll let you know how the packets are!

Thanks for the crystal light tip. I also love the cherry limeade with Vodka. I'll look for the margarita ones, as this woudl be perfect!

DH will have a soda card, so I'll make him get me pineapple juice if I can - he's always going ot want a coke, so it may be hard, lol.

I'm glad I can bring extras on board from port, that will help for sure!

We order Baja Bobs mixers by the case! The margarita mix (both liquid and powdered) and the sweet and sour are AMAZING. Some of the others (strawberry margarita, hurricane, and mojito) are NOT good. If you sign up for coupons on their website you will get a bunch of percent off and free shipping offers.

I looked on the carnival site for how to order alcohol for the stateroom and could not find it. Do you have some info as to how to get it? I would appreciate it.

The information is not on there ~ you have to call them. Here is a thread on the subject. It includes the phone # and a list (as of Feb. I think) of the different liquors available and their prices.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1230002

Oh I forgot about the Jose Cuervo mix ~ that is better than the Margaritaville.

The beer ones are:

12 oz. can limeade thawed

12 oz. tequila

12 oz. beer

12 oz. water

Mix and pour over ice. Or if you prefer a frozen margarita you can blend the water, limeade, tequila and ice. Add the beer after blending as it will foam all over the place if you blend it.

It isn't really fizzy because it makes a pitcher and there is only one beer in there.

I plan on making a BV purchase as well and I was thinking of bringing a bunch of crystal light packets ~ the ones you mix into a bottle of water. I plan to order coconut rum and amaretto ~ those mixed with raspberry lemonade makes a Pink Bikini ~ it's yummy!!!

I don't know if any of you have Food Lions out there but I saw where they had the things that are jsut like those packets, except it's Margarita, Cosmo, and something else (i can never remember the last one) mix, where you just add cold water and alcohol. I'm pretty sure they were stor brand but they may have them in other places too.

I don't know if any of you have Food Lions out there but I saw where they had the things that are jsut like those packets, except it's Margarita, Cosmo, and something else (i can never remember the last one) mix, where you just add cold water and alcohol. I'm pretty sure they were stor brand but they may have them in other places too.

I'm wondering if these (and the market pantry ones mentioned above) are sold in the wine section of the store or are there where you would find the crystal light or kool aid packets? I've never seen them! Thanks!

The information is not on there ~ you have to call them. Here is a thread on the subject. It includes the phone # and a list (as of Feb. I think) of the different liquors available and their prices.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1230002

Thanks so much!! That is the exact information that I was looking for!

I recently found a product called "Lt. Blender's Margarita in a bag" also available is a diaquiri in a bag. It does come in powdered form. Comes in a sturdy plastic bag. Pour in rum/tequila/triple sec add H2O. Your good to go.

I bought those at Big Lots! They are really good! The ones I bought were sugar free.

I'm wondering if these (and the market pantry ones mentioned above) are sold in the wine section of the store or are there where you would find the crystal light or kool aid packets? I've never seen them! Thanks!

I found them over with all the mixers. Never really looked for them anywhere else. Just happened upon them one day.

I found them over with all the mixers. Never really looked for them anywhere else. Just happened upon them one day.

Cool! Thank you! I will look for them so that I can try them before we sail... you know, more "research"!

I've used Baja Bob's for a long time and they are excellent! I love the regular margarita, the triple citrus margarita and the Mai Tai is amazing! I'll let you know how the packets are!

!

:D That is exactly what I ordered earlier today BEFORE I read this post. ( 1 of each to try out)

If you sign up for coupons on their website you will get a bunch of percent off and free shipping offers.

I signed up for the club and got 10% off my 1st order :p shipping was only $4

Website said today that the single powder mix would be available in September.

Gonna check Food Lion and Target!

Okay reading all this today got me thirsty too! Got home from work and headed to the treadmill....with a margarita in hand and Jimmy Buffet blasting on mp3...guess the margarita cancelled out the work out but it sure got me in the cruising mood. :D

The beer ones are:

12 oz. can limeade thawed

12 oz. tequila

12 oz. beer

12 oz. water

Mix and pour over ice. Or if you prefer a frozen margarita you can blend the water, limeade, tequila and ice. Add the beer after blending as it will foam all over the place if you blend it.

It isn't really fizzy because it makes a pitcher and there is only one beer in there.

thank you I'll have to give it a try!

Okay reading all this today got me thirsty too! Got home from work and headed to the treadmill....with a margarita in hand and Jimmy Buffet blasting on mp3...guess the margarita cancelled out the work out but it sure got me in the cruising mood. :D

LOL! I like you Poptart! :D

thank you I'll have to give it a try!

You're welcome!

Okay, so had to get some groceries tonight so I decided to check it out. The flavors Food Lion has are:

Margarita

Cosmo

Appletini

Mojito

I got the appletini and sadly realized I only have vanilla vodka, but it's not too bad (i had to try them)

Only thing is it makes a SMALL drink. Appletini uses 2 oz. of water, packet of mix, 1 to 1 1/2 oz. vodka. I guess you can get LOTS of the packets (8 in a box) and make a much larger one.

Just wanted to share my "research"

Archived