9 DAY VOS Questions for past cruisers

Hello, leaving on same cruise on 8/16/04, would pay you for copies of all compasses and if possible dinner menus from main dining, not Portifinos. Please let me know. Thanks [email]tcorcoran@sunsetcompanies.com[/email]<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ezi-amy:
These were great questions. We are leaving on the Voyager june 18th, we'll let you know if things improved (in Bayonne) when we return. People will buy anything on ebay. Maybe we should bring back extra free brochures to sell on ebay. We were on the Navigator last August and the pool was opened when we boarded, we always bring bathing suits in our carry-on. Most people are busy exploring the ship when they board that's why the pools are usually empty. Ezi

RCI Voyager Next week
RCI Navigator Aug. 2003
Celebrity Galaxy Aug. 2002
Carnival Imagination Feb. 2002
Grand Princess Aug. 2001
Celebrity Horizon 1998
Celebrity Horizon 1997
Primier Big Red Boat Atlantic 1994
Primier Big Red Boat Atlantic 1990
Nile Cruise 1989

Ezi's Art Gallery
Members.aol.com/eziamy

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
OK past cruisers –here’s another question.

Did anyone purchase the drink card? If so, did you have to carry around the mug and use it for each refill?

Also, how much is a glass of soda - I think I read that cans are $1.75 each -is this correct?

Thanks in advance!
Sher
[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>WDW 11/3/02 - 11/8/02</font>
<font color=#FF9900>7 day MAGIC 11/9/02 Western Caribbean!</font>
<font color=red>7 day Magic 7/28/01~Our First Taste of the MAGIC!</font></center>[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;07;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
7/16/04 Voyager of the Sea ~ Bayonne, NJ Cruise

[This message was edited by Shercara on 06-17-04 at 10:20 AM.]

Shercara - we purchased the drink card. They put a coca-cola sticker on the person's seapass who purchased the card. They give you a souvenir mug that is useful for when you are walking around the ship or when you are at the pool but you can also show the seapass card with the sticker to get free soda at dinner and at any bar. We used it in the theater every night to get soda. I know you aren't supposed to share the card but all 4 of us in our family used it. I'm not sure how much the soda is individually since we had the card and didn't have to buy any. I would think between $2 and $3.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by todd01:
Hello, leaving on same cruise on 8/16/04, would pay you for copies of all compasses and if possible dinner menus from main dining, not Portifinos. Please let me know. Thanks [email]tcorcoran@sunsetcompanies.com[/email]<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ezi-amy:
These were great questions. We are leaving on the Voyager june 18th, we'll let you know if things improved (in Bayonne) when we return. People will buy anything on ebay. Maybe we should bring back extra free brochures to sell on ebay. We were on the Navigator last August and the pool was opened when we boarded, we always bring bathing suits in our carry-on. Most people are busy exploring the ship when they board that's why the pools are usually empty. Ezi

RCI Voyager Next week
RCI Navigator Aug. 2003
Celebrity Galaxy Aug. 2002
Carnival Imagination Feb. 2002
Grand Princess Aug. 2001
Celebrity Horizon 1998
Celebrity Horizon 1997
Primier Big Red Boat Atlantic 1994
Primier Big Red Boat Atlantic 1990
Nile Cruise 1989

Ezi's Art Gallery
Members.aol.com/eziamy

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><HR></BLOCKQUOTE> sorry, leaving on 7/16/04

Monarch 6/97
Monarch 7/99
Adventure 2/03
Nordic 8/03
Voyager 7/04

jujappers - I'm sure someone will flame you for sharing the card, but someone back from the 9 day (possibly you) had posted the prices on another thread. $62 for a 9 day cruise for an adult? Come on! Just off Princess where a 7 day was $20. How can you justify 3 times as much for 2 more days? I was definitely planning to get one for each of my 3 kids and for DH (I'm not a soda fan), but $200 for the 4 of them? Especially since the choices are so limited. Our family likes Mtn Dew and Root Beer more (& me caffeine free diet), none of which are available. If anyone knows the per can cost, let me know. Maybe just for everyone for lunch would be $8 (assuming $2 per can) times 9 days would be $72. Do they still have lemonade? They could definitely drink that at dinner which would be better anyways due to no caffeine. Otherwise I may have DH and 1 kid get one and carry it in to dinner or take turns using it. Thanks for any help.

Big Red Boat '88,
Fair Princess '90,
Norway '91,
Regal Princess '91,
Carnival Fantasy '93,
Regent Rainbow '95,
Big Red Boat '98,
Disney Wonder '00,
Grand Princess 11/16/03,
Voyager of the Seas 09/10/04
Diamond Princess 12/4/04

<MARQUEE> Voyager of the Seas - 9/10/2004 <MARQUEE>

yes they have lemonade and ice tea, the ice tea is great...wish i had some now

Voyager of the Seas out of NY
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;05;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

jujappers - I'm still confused, on our past DCL cruises, you had to carry the mug and you could only have the soda put into your own mug.

Is this the case on RCL ? If I don't carry the mug to the pool, or to the cafe, or to dinner, can I show my card and get a "glass" of soda from the server ?

Thank's for the head's up on the iced tea eswort, I like iced tea too.

todd01, did you find our ROll Call Post?
Please join us!
CLICK HERE!: ----> [url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?q=Y&a=tpc&s=927093444&f=1683059817&m=9523074347&p=6"]VOS 9 Night 7/16/04[/url]

Sher [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

<font color=blue>WDW 11/3/02 - 11/8/02</font>
<font color=#FF9900>7 day MAGIC 11/9/02 Western Caribbean!</font>
<font color=red>7 day Magic 7/28/01~Our First Taste of the MAGIC!</font></center>[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;07;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
7/16/04 Voyager of the Sea ~ Bayonne, NJ Cruise

Shercara - on our last Princess Cruise (& on RCCL from what I understand), you got a sticker on the card. That was what got you the free sodas from then on. The mug was just a courtesy to give you a portable way to carry it. Unlike on Disney, the mug did NOT get you the soda, you still had to show the sticker on your card each time. And after the first night, hardly anyone brought their mugs to dinner since it looked "tacky". There (and if you were at a bar, in a show, whatever) you just got it served in a regular glass.

Eswort - just wanted to let you know I got the info in the mail today. Can't wait to read it all this weekend. Thanks so much!

Big Red Boat '88,
Fair Princess '90,
Norway '91,
Regal Princess '91,
Carnival Fantasy '93,
Regent Rainbow '95,
Big Red Boat '98,
Disney Wonder '00,
Grand Princess 11/16/03,
Voyager of the Seas 09/10/04
Diamond Princess 12/4/04

<MARQUEE> Voyager of the Seas - 9/10/2004 <MARQUEE>

• 2 weeks later...
[font=Comic Sans MS]Our cruise is getting closer, and I'm coming up with more questions![/font]

[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Has anyone jet-skied or parasailed in Port Lucaya? I was told this was possible to do on the beach at the Sheraton. Has anyone done this?[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Thanks folks!:D [/font]
Sher

Lots of great reading! Hope it helps.

[url]http://joephila.net/cruise/[/url] This was a different itinerary, but it really does have lots of info!

Can you remember the song "I'm so excited!" That's me! I just cen't wait for our cruise!

:confused: I'm trying to figure out the dining schedule (formal, casual...) and I have Daily Compasses from a friend who was on the June 4th sailing, but I'm missing 2 of them.

Can someone please fill in the blanks for me?:confused: (or make any corrections)

[b][u]DAY DINING[/u][/b]
Friday /// What you wore on the ship
Sat /// Formal
[b]Sun /// ?????[/b]:confused:
Monday /// Casual
Tuesday /// Caribbean Casual
Wednesday /// Casual
Thursday /// Formal
[b]Friday /// ?????[/b]:confused:
Saturday /// Smart Casual
Sunday /// Home

Thanks for your help!
Sher

DAY DINING
Friday /// What you wore on the ship
Sat /// Formal
Sun /// Casual-Country Western
Monday /// Smart Casual
Tuesday /// Caribbean Casual
Wednesday /// Casual
Thursday /// Formal
Friday /// Casual/50's & 60's
Saturday /// Smart Casual
Sunday /// Home

Got this info from a post on Which Nite for Portofino's. I am using it as my guide!

Anyone done Shaw Park Beach or Beach Getaway Experience (Blundel House) in Ocho Rios or Tranquillity Shores Beach Day in Grand Bahama? We are looking for good beach days and I know we will have this in Labadee and can easily take a taxi to Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman. Any reccomendations for Ocho Rios or Grand Bahamas for good beaches? These excursions look good, but one is rather pricey, and if any of you have better ideas let me know. I do not want to travel on my own in Jamaica.

Not that my friends and i have ever snuck on 16 bottles of liquor before but here are a few ideas.

1) vodka and rum look exactly like water. Get large poland springs bottles and pour the liquor into them and stick them in your carry on. I have never been asked before.

2) Find a wine bottle with a cork, drink the win before you go and fill it with any dark/colored liquor you might want to bring. tap the cork back in and put a stupid colored foil wrap around the top so it looks pretty and it hides the cork. They ask to see the bottle so you take it out they look to make sure that it is wine/champagne and then you move on. Never had a problem.

3) You dont have to sneak it on. On day one of the cruise you can stop by the duty free and buy all the liquor you like. They add 9.95 to the total and you can drink it in your room during the week. It was a good deal

questions??
email me
[email]gstrein@stevens.edu[/email]

Thanks c breeze - you answered my question.;)

Thanks for the tips grod19 !:D

Yes babchia - that was a great website - and I'm humming that tune in my head right now too! :)

Thanks for the drink answer marciemi;)

[i][color=purple][b]I'm still looking for info/input on [font=Comic Sans MS]Port Lucaya[/font] :[/b][/color][/i]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Has anyone jet-skied or parasailed in Port Lucaya? I was told this was possible to do on the beach at the Sheraton. Has anyone done this?[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Anyone??? [/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Thanks,[/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Sher [/font]

Shercara: As I have read and talked to someone on this cruise, it seems that even though the last evening is "smart casual", since everyone has packed their clothes by then, most people were dressed in casual attire that evening.

[quote name='grod19']Not that my friends and i have ever snuck on 16 bottles of liquor before but here are a few ideas.

3) You dont have to sneak it on. On day one of the cruise you can stop by the duty free and buy all the liquor you like. They add 9.95 to the total and you can drink it in your room during the week. It was a good deal

questions??
email me
[email]gstrein@stevens.edu[/email][/QUOTE]

How were the prices in the duty free shop compared to island prices

I've read all these posts and find them very, very helpful. I don't understand about the "terminal" and "shuttle bus" in Bayonne. Where is the terminal, and how did you get there? On past cruises the RCCL bus took us directly to the ship. Any info on getting to/from Bayonne would be much appreciated!!

funduo - i didnt do much shoping for liquor on the islands. the duty free prices were very good on the ship and if they were cheaper on the islands it couldnt have been by much. The cruzan rums and smirnoff vodkas were 4 for 25 which is a very good deal. The duty frees on the islands just had more stuff. The one on the boat stuck to your more popular liquors. The islands had more of the exotic liquors.

Marialivia - the terminal is set up right next to the road you drive up in. Take your bags out of the car and the porters are right there. You do all the paperwork stuff then get on a bus and they drive you to the boat. It isnt far away at all but the bus is a nice touch. Im not sure why they do this but they do so......I think it is cause they were intending to use the port the same way that they use the other side. They bring in large feight boats loaded with cars etc. So they left a ton of open space by the boats to park all these cars. Once RC bought it i guess they just left it as is

When you say "the road you drive up in," did you drive yourself or did someone drop you off? I'm wondering how much a taxi would cost from the Port Authority Bus terminal. The problem is that I'm traveling from Conn. and my pal is coming from central NJ, where no RCCL bus is available. I'm trying to reach a satisfactory compromise. Oh, and is there a parking garage nearby?

i dont think there is a garage around there and im not 100% sure how much a cab is. I would say call a few companies and see what the deal is on a limo. You and your friend could met in a location like the hoboken transit stop that is not to far out of anyones way and public transportation is available for both of you to get there from your various locations. then you can grab a cab from there (they wait right outside the train station). although i think a town car or somethign like that would be your best bet.

Marialivia...

we will be on the voyager on 8/13, and know that parking is indeed available at the terminal if you should choose to drive yourself... it is $12/day, meaning $60 for Canada and $108 for the 9-night caribbean (at the PST on the West Side it's $126 for a 7-night cruise, so this $12 is not bad)

i agree w/grod19, it doesn't sound convenient to make your friend from nj drive to nyc just to come back to nj...

thanks

anybody with info on Grand Bahama Island - Port Lucaya Beach - parasailing and jet skiing? Although I don't know if the dock will be fixed for our cruise - just thinking positive!:)

thanks everyone for all the great tips so far!

Sher

Archived