Can anyone tell me about Holland Kids Program

littlebug

Can anyone tell me about Holland's Kids Program? We have been on RC and Carnival and the kids had a great time on both of them. However, we are considering taking our next cruise on Holland. I want my kids to have a great experience and enjoy the cruise as well.

Are there plenty of other kids for them to be with?

Are there plenty of things to keep them busy?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Club HAL was the worst kids club experience ever on land or on sea. The staff was rude, rigid, inexperienced and lazy. The activities in the 3-7 year group were not geared for everyone, just the older kids. They made the younger kids sit and watch. There were no alternate activities provided. There were 200 kids on board the week we went, which was too many kids for the counselors or the facilities to handle. Although it upset me at first, by the end of the cruise I just had to laugh at how bad it was. It was a joke.

I will say that all other parts of our cruise on HAL were awesome. It was a beautiful ship, great food, friendly staff. (Aside from the kids club.)

I realize I was only on a one week cruise and it's not fair to judge a whole program by just one week, but our experience was horrible and it would make me wary to book another cruise with HAL.

I also realize that my son is only 3, but this was his 11th cruise and has always LOVED the kids club in the past. Before this cruise, he always begged us to go. For kids in the older part of the age group, you may be fine. Some of the activities were writing a letter to the captain and glacier viewing. Not many 3-5 year olds can write. Many of the activities were just not age appropriate. If they didn't want to include the younger kids, then they shouldn't say they are going to. It was the staff's attitude that was the main problem.

You won't find the glitz and glam like Carnival or RCCL, but if you want a nice family cruise with excellent service and great food, you'll have a nice time.

Archived