Need tips re: Westin Diplomat -Hollywood

shonandsuzie

We are just getting back from our trip. The Westin Diplomat went PERFECTLY (no $20 needed ;))! The resort and service were great! When we arrived, I went to the desk and I was so nervous. I was afraid they were going to say (like so many warned) that we were at the golf location. Thanks for the tips everyone! They had us on a high floor overlooking the pool and ocean!:D I will post our view....

This is from the night of our arrival:

58966_150090481690705_100000692618378_308613_2676826_n.jpg

This is the view the next morning:

60527_150090501690703_100000692618378_308615_3454388_n.jpg

Did you have a room with a balcony?

Also, did having your Starwoods preferred guest number on the reservation help at all?

We did not have a balcony. There were rows and rows of balcony rooms and then only 2 rows of window rooms. It was fine for us though because the wall was all windows. We were just happy to have a great view....and to be in the right location.

Here is a picture:

58326_150097558356664_100000692618378_308674_4568255_n.jpg

I can't tell is the SPG # helped or if the customer service was simply great anyway. They were excellent. We had messages each day checking to ensure that we were pleased with our service, etc.

One thing; when I was checking in there was a family at the counter being redirected to the Golf location. They were very disappointed. The wife was in tears.:(

Oh that sucks for them. When I got our room through Hotwire the address given to us on the confirmation was the beach address, not the golf, and I wouldn't have known we were on the golf side unless I emailed them and had it changed. I don't think it's right to send the address for the beach resort unless someone's booked there.

I DO have the email from the Westin confirming our room at the beach resort which I will most certainly have with us when we check in.

It would be nice to have an ocean front room, but hey, we're going to have a balcony for eight days on the Miracle. That is the ultimate ocean view. :D

By the way, when I had our reservation switched to the beach location I asked them why they send out the confirmation with the address of the beach resort and not the golf. This is what they said:

"Since we've recently combined the inventory and are now considered one hotel the Hotwire website only permits us to have one address, this is an issue the are working on with Hotwire."

This was back in April when we got the Westin so I don't know if that issue has been fixed yet.

I DO have the email from the Westin confirming our room at the beach resort which I will most certainly have with us when we check in.

It would be nice to have an ocean front room, but hey, we're going to have a balcony for eight days on the Miracle. That is the ultimate ocean view. :D

We brought our email too but it wasn't even needed. They were eager to please. I just gave my last name and they pulled up the reservation and asked if the room with partial view would be fine. I asked if there was anything with a direct pool/ocean view and they said no problem. Asked how how we'd like to be and everything.

About the cruise balcony; So true...we felt the same way. And it was so hot while we were in Florida, we wouldn't have gotten much use of the balcony anyway. Unlike the cruise, where the ocean breeze makes it bearable.;)

Archived