Which port does Golden Princess sail out of L.A.?

CBowling

Cruising to Hawaii on Golden in October. Need 1 night pre-cruise with shuttle service if possible. Which port will we be sailing out of? Any suggestions on 1 night hotel stay?

Thanks so much!!

Port of Los Angeles--better known as San Pedro. Most posters stay at the Crowne Plaza or Doubletree using Priceline for a great price.

Thanks Patricia!

I looked on priceline and there are 17 3/1/2 star's available near the San Pedro terminal, some as far as 20 + miles away. What are my chances ending up a long way from the terminal. How can I get Doubletree or Crowne Plaza??? Thanks!

I just looked at Priceline for the name your own price and if you pick San Pedro ONLY (area 3) there should only be two hotels--Crowne Plaza and the DoubleTree. There are very few hotels in the area and most aren't this level.

Here's a link to the discussion regarding Priceline and San Pedro.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1153664

Thank you so much! You were correct - I just had to narrow down my choices and would not have realized that. I did get the Crowne Plaza on the first bid for $65.00 for Oct. 26th. I appreciate your help and that of this board!!

I am not personally on this cruise but a dear friend that has never cruised before and does not have internet is going on her honeymoon. I want to make this the best honeymoon ever! Thanks!

Just so you know, while both the Doubletree and the Crown Plaza will shuttle you for free to the cruise ship pier when you board your cruise, they do NOT offer an airport shuttle. It is too far from LAX, Orange County (John Wayne) or Long Beach airport.

Most people take a shared shuttle, which which run you $17-18/person plus tip one way. You can reserve ahead of time or just catch one at the airport going to San Pedro, or back to the airport from the pier at the end of your cruise.

Thank you so much! You were correct - I just had to narrow down my choices and would not have realized that. I did get the Crowne Plaza on the first bid for $65.00 for Oct. 26th. I appreciate your help and that of this board!!

I am not personally on this cruise but a dear friend that has never cruised before and does not have internet is going on her honeymoon. I want to make this the best honeymoon ever! Thanks!

What a great friend! Supershuttle's shared ride van from LAX to the Crowne Plaza is $17 pp. It also offers a private towncar--for someone standing with a card with your name, the cost is $83. If you call after you get your luggage and wait on the curb the cost is $55.

The RT Hawaiian cruise on Princess is fantastic. Just make sure your friends know to take along seasickness meds just in case. It can be a rough first couple of days or last couple of days (for us, the first few days, but the rest of the time, nearly smooth). It can also be slightly on the cool side in October until you get nearer to the islands.

Archived