Traveling with 88 year old Mom

cc cruiser

Great tips! Thank you.

I'm going to check to see if I can rent a wheelchair. Mom has one at home (in the States) but she didn't bring it here (to Germany.) I think that would be best.

If you have a German health insurance, why not get in touch with them and see if they can rent out or loan you one. Or just ring the local Malteser or Red Cross?

If you have a German health insurance, why not get in touch with them and see if they can rent out or loan you one. Or just ring the local Malteser or Red Cross?

Hmmm... that's a thought. What is the Malteser? We don't have German health insurance though. We are Americans living in Germany for 3 years. (not military) So we kept our Blue Cross Blue Shiels Insurance.

Hmmm... that's a thought. What is the Malteser?

The Knights of Malta. It is a non-profit volunteer organisation a bit like the Red Cross, who amongst a lot of other things provide elderly with care. They also collect money for flood victims in Pakistan etc. Click here (sorry, need to speak German....)

You could of course be bold and call a local senior citizens home. If they can't help you they might know where you could rent/loan one.

Archived