Any hotels on the beach offer day passes?

gogetter

We just had the cab drop us off there. We went to the front desk. She called someone at the pool/beach area to see if they were accepting cruise passengers. She said yes. It includes towels and all the beach chairs u want.

Our backup plan if she said no was to walk down to Royal Palms from there. It is about 4 or 5 beach fronts away.

• 4 weeks later...

This sounds exactly like what we're looking for. We honeymooned on Grand Cayman, returned a couple of years ago, caught a van from the cruise dock to Sea Grape Beach. That was a big disappointment. :(

I'd tried earlier to arrange with a beach-front hotel to use their facilities for a fee. At the last minute, the clerk emailed & said the hotel was fully booked and they weren't accepting cruise ship passengers. :(

Do you think the Marriott would let us arrange ahead of time to spend our day there? We're willing to pay!! Just want to avoid the crowds, have a place to sit and have a drink & eat lunch & just enjoy the beach.

It was a zoo at the dock, by the way, and we'd love to avoid that. The vans all waited until they were all full, and there didn't seem to be any way to have them take you anywhere other than Sea Grape Beach.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks so much.

Connie

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the link. $149 per couple is expensive considering it doesn't include any food or drinks!

I agree, for two people it's high but it's only $10.00pp extra so my family of 5 can get it for $179.00. It's worth it for us, with kids(pre-teens and teen) who like a pool better than the beach. My DH and I can enjoy the beach while they use the pool.

Archived