Can have my choice of Pearl balconies - Stick with 10612?

buffkids

Well, I've done it! All booked for the Pearl to Eastern Caribbean on April 3, 2011. First, let me thank the CC members who have helped me wrestle through this all week. It's been a little overwhelming, and I honestly can't imagine having made this decision without this resource, so thank you, thank you, thank you!!!:D

I booked through CAS and the person I booked with helped me through picking my stateroom. With my booking, there was a flat rate for each cabin type, so I basically have my pick of category and room. Based on my consultant's suggestion, I landed on 10612, which is a midship BA category. I picked a non-adjoining room that sleeps 3 - but since I don't know anything about the cabins, I'm not sure if that was the right choice. The midship advice was based on the consultant's suggestion for us as first-timers, and not knowing whether we would react to waves at one end or the other of the ship. SO, all of you experts, if you had your choice of cabins, does mine seem like an OK choice, or should I consider switching? Thanks again for all of the help!!

That should be a very nice choice. It's slightly aft midship, port side, deck 10. We will be starboard side , deck 10, mid ship in Apri, Panama canal. Basically, all the balcony cabins are the same regardless of the number of persons indicated. I believe that's for total pax limits for the ship. I select cabins thoughtfully and would have chosen yours.

Congrats on making your selection! I hope you enjoy it! CAUTION: you make become addicted to cruising like alot of the rest of us!! I could live on a cruise ship - seriously. :eek:

OK, so I haven't been on as many cruises as some, I still have a true love for it! I wish I could afford to go more often, but that is just not the case, so I savor every minute on board while I am there! :)

ooooh pictures, yes please! are there some you can point me to?

If you look at picture 54 of those I posted, it's a port side shot of the Pearl. Look at the middle row of balconies, that being deck 10. Your cabin should be about balcony 12 or 13 as you count from the left of the picture. That gives you a good idea of where you are in relation to the overall ship. You'll be a bit closer to the back which is closer to the FOOD. The buffet is above and behind you up on deck 12 and the Great Outdoors, outdoor eating area and grill , behind it. The two MDRs are below you down on deck 6.

Archived