Attention Divers!!

Springmartin

credit card = waterproof

money = water proof (never saw a vendor turn away wet dollars)

cruise card = in my many cruises always waterproof

use a small ziplock bag and squeeze all the air out and stick it in your ....

as a ship guy for many years I went to the corpsman b4 any port call - NO not for that - but for one of the zip locks they usually handed out pills in. They were exactly ID card sized. I called them 'liberty wallets'. Id + MC + a wad of bucks (or local equiv) and very small..... Easy to stash and if I lost it - who cares (well me but besides the bank.... I digress)

There is a company, Aloksak, which produces a variety of products designed to keeep various sized documents dry when underwater.

If interested you can find the Aloksak items on eBay along with depth specifications. I have used one of their products for several years to put cash, credit card(s) in while diving. Things that I didn't necessarily want left behind on th boat while we were diving. Works like a champ.

:):):)

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a locksak that had a belt and a sack attached by caribiner (spelling?) clip. Long story short, the sack came detached from the clip and is floating somewhere in the Caribbean near Curacao. I just purchased and used a waterproof pouch from a dive shop. It was a belt/sack combo that zipped with 3 small ziplock bags inside. Worked out great during snorkeling and scuba diving.

Archived