MS Chardannay & MS Provence

Go Pack

I am considering the river cruise on GCT from Paris to Nice France. My concerns is the boats being used by GCT. I have traveled on several boats with GCT and have not regretted a moment of the travel. The boats were more than satisfactary. Any thoughts opn the M/S Chardanay & Provence is appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

We have interest in a cruise through France for next year. While doing some research came across a thread stating the following. While both of these vessels have been in service with GCT for the last 10+ yrs, they are old. Built in the mid 50's. Major compliments have to do with HVAC system and general ventilation in the cabins. Depending on time of year travel this could be a major issue. Apparentally the individual controls in the cabin do not function well for the end users. One reviewer went so far as to say, they would never travel on either boat even if the trip was free. Everything else is good. Food, service, and itenerary. Personally I did not like the cabin layout concerning the beds. Therefore will be choosing a different riverboat company. Hope this helps. I personally have no axe to grind with GCT, and have read excellent reviews on the other European Riverboats.

Archived