3 in a stateroom - QV

jonsul

Has anyone travelled three adults in one Britannia stateroom on the QV?

We would like to take our daughter, who is 27, on a 7 night cruise with us, but want to avoid a single room supplement if at all possible.

Thinking of an outside balcony if we're lucky.

Also, has the upgrade fairy ever visited anyone with 3 in a stateroom?

Many thanks

Susan

Hi susan, i go on the QV next week with my wife and daughter, we are all staying in a balcony stateroom. I have been told that the sofa folds down to the third bed, this will be put down by our steward at night. Sounds ok , i will let you know when i get back.

Mick

Hi susan, i go on the QV next week with my wife and daughter, we are all staying in a balcony stateroom. I have been told that the sofa folds down to the third bed, this will be put down by our steward at night. Sounds ok , i will let you know when i get back.

Mick

Yes, it's similar to QM2. Many of the staterooms have a fold out bed(actually fairly comfortable). If you're lucky enough to be in a P-suite, you have a little separation in the cabin. If not, the sofabed will be between you & the balcony door.

• 3 weeks later...

hmm, how well have you thought this one through>?

well if you are on a budget and are cool with your 27yo daughter sharing a small space for a week or so without privacy then fine,

it is not a huge space but if you go for a balcony cabin then that is a bonus.

if you have not booked a balcony then its worth the extra.

you cannot bank on an upgrade.

if there are empty cabins once after sailing then they may

give your daughter a space on her own if you find it really is not working out with 3 of you in the cabin.

there is no curtain to separate the sofabed sleeping area and 3 adults dressing and getting ready in the cabin will take some patience.

privacy is non-existent.

however as i said, if you are on a budget and cool with each other then its fine, but def go for a balcony. pay and book one. enjoy your hols.

ps, re my above reply to your post,

i hope you find it helpful, i was not trying to sound demeaning in anyway, just frank,

i hope you understand, thanks.

i tried it once with my disabled mum and older sister (all 3 in the cabin)

we lasted 30 minutes lol!

the purser on explaining to her our squeeze, very kindly gave me an empty cabin next door, which was so kind of her. i offered to pay extra but they did not want any money, infact they gave my mum a balcony cabin the next day which was amazing.

we had the best holiday.

Thanks for all your very helpful responses.

Jury is still out - we usually manage to share a room no problem, but usually the problem is over who wears the trousers!

Watch this space!

Susan

Archived