quebec city questions

we arrive in quebec and fly out. what suggestions do you have for the day we will have our bags . any suggestions what to do with them...

our plane leaves at 5:30 p.m. and i assume we will be off the ship by about 10 or 11 a.m.

i called the quebec airport who said that either a taxi or limo is the only way to get to the airport?:?? is this correct?

any help would be appreciated.

With your luggage I suggest that you consider leaving them at the bus terminal within the Gare du Palais. There are lockers within the station that can do the job efficiently and inexpensively. The station is not too far from the port, and depending on the exact docking location, you might well be able to walk the distance in about 10 to 15 minutes. Be certain to the go the bus portion of the station (in the back), not the train portion (in the front).

As for the airport, it is not entirely true that the only access is by taxi. There is a bus service, route 78, that connects the Les Saules transit center with the airport. But, as you might see from the attached timetable, it is not suitable for your travel since it goes to the airport during the morning rush hour, and from the airport in the afternoon rush hour. Now if you're looking to save some money you might be able to get an RTC bus to a point close to the airport, and then go by taxi the remaining distance (see the RTC map here: http://www.rtcquebec.ca/Portals/0/docs/pdf/Plan_Reseau_RTC_2010.pdf), but otherwise I think you're likely going to be at the mercy of a taxi for the entire distance, which I believe is a flat rate of CAD 32.50.

78.pdf

Archived