Passport Card

kaybe83

My husband and I are booked on the Carnival Glory for the November 28 cruise. We went to the post office to apply for our passport cards and the women at the counter told us that we might have a problem getting into Belize with the passport card (not the passport book). She said that things might have changed, she wasn't sure. Our travel agent says it won't be a problem and we will be able to get into Belize with no problems. I was just wondering if any other cruisers out there have had problems with the passport card getting into Belize or get they get into Belize with no problems?

Belize and Roatan both are on the fringes of WHTI.... They are not specifically mentioned as a destination where a passport is not required on a "Closed Loop Cruise"....

So far DHS has not pressed the issue with those traveling a closed loop cruise and I don't suspect that it will change unless there is some unforseen trouble with the governments of these countries (I.E. Suspected terrorist refuge)

You should have no trouble with your Passcard.... Have a great cruise...;)

Joey & Pat

Belize and Roatan both are on the fringes of WHTI.... They are not specifically mentioned as a destination where a passport is not required on a "Closed Loop Cruise"....Joey & Pat
Neither is any other country listed in the WHTI regulation, just the Western Hemisphere. The countries that ARE listed as being part of the Adjacent Islands and Contiguous Countries list (and where Central America falls out) are specific to non-cruise sea travel, land travel and modified processing of foreign nationals returning on a RT cruise to the US. It has no applicability to US citizens on a closed loop cruise.

So, for US citizens:

...RT cruise including Belize or Honduras or Costa Rica or Panama--BC and ID (or anything higher, such as a passport card or passport)

...private yacht to Caribbean--passport or passport card

...private yacht to Belize or Honduras or Costa Rica--passport (but not a passport card)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived