Quickie DREAM (and cove balcony) review

RMcoolX

I will keep this review short and sweet, as my time is limited as I prepare for tomorrow's cruise on the Elation.

Embarkation and self-assist debarkation at Port Canaveral was a breeze. My first impression of the ship was "ho-hum", just another new Carnival ship that has been overhyped. I came to appreciate it much more, however, as the week progressed. She was big, yet seemingly tighter in many public spaces than what I've been accustomed to on smaller ships. Many venues and eating spaces were overcrowded, but I guess that's to be expected with 4500+ passengers (not including crew). The food was the best that I've had on any other Carnival ship, rivaling Disney for the first time in my experiences. The entertainment started slow, but before it was over I was very impressed by the dance and comedy shows. Overall service was on par with the other Carnival ships I've sailed, which is just average.

I absolutely LOVED the cove balcony! This was my 5th balcony cruise, so I speak from experience when I say that the cove experience is better than traditional port/starboard side units. These balconies are far more private than the other Dream port/starboard units thanks to folks being able to look up from the 5th deck Lanai area right into the 8A and 8B units. I would have been pissed if I were them. Nothing but the fishes can see you in a cove balcony. The ocean breeze and sound effects put me to sleep like a baby every night!

Overall, the Dream actually lived up to the hype. I will definately cruise her class again....BRING ON THE MAGIC!!!!

I'm jealous! I want to do the Magic T/A so bad, but two things keep that from happening. One, my kid is in school and I really have no one to watch her, and two, my wife works for the school system and can't get off for those many days. It would be the perfect cruise for us since we've been wanting to go to Europe, and it returns to our home port of Galveston.

...maybe she'll let me go alone!!!???!!! :)

Yeah, right!

Well, anyways, I'm currently on the Elation and getting ready to muster soon. Happy cruising to everyone and I'll get back to CC when I return...

Thanks for the review of the cove balcony, I have one booked for Oct 16th. What room did you have? We have 2298.

Thanks,

Oh and enjoy your next cruise.

I think you'll be happy with your room location. Like mine it is midship, so things are fairly quiet in those cabins, not to rocky of a ride, and you're not too far from anything.

Archived