Help me pick our next cruise. Would I like the Miracle?

md10074

I bought a future cruise certificate and wondering which ship to go on next.

We live in NY and I was thinking of trying the Miracle out of NY so that we don't have to fly for a change. If you have been on it, did you like it? Did you like the ports? Did you have rough seas before you got down to warmer waters?

We would have to cruise in the summer, either in July or August. The only other Carnival ships we have been on were the Fascination years ago, and the Liberty last week. For the most part, we liked the Liberty. Do you think we would like the Miracle as well? What do you like about the Spirit class ships as opposed to the Conquest class?

If not the Miracle, any other suggestions?

We live in NY and I was thinking of trying the Miracle out of NY so that we don't have to fly for a change. If you have been on it, did you like it? Did you like the ports? Did you have rough seas before you got down to warmer waters?

We would have to cruise in the summer, either in July or August. The only other Carnival ships we have been on were the Fascination years ago, and the Liberty last week. For the most part, we liked the Liberty. Do you think we would like the Miracle as well? What do you like about the Spirit class ships as opposed to the Conquest class?

We really enjoyed the Miracle! If your itinerary is southern Caribbean it only increases the enjoyment factor of your vacation. St Martin can't be beat, St Kitts and St Lucia are a great experience as well. They're also situated out of the main hurricane Zone.

You can't go wrong with this choice.

Mike

I am a BIG Miracle lover; sailed her three times. I prefer the spirit class ships because they are a little smaller than the conquest class, and for me, easier to navigate. I have never sailed out of NY so can't speak on how rough it may or may not be. I have done the western, southern and Panama itinerary on the Miracle (over the years) and loved each. I think she is great choice no matter where she sails!

My wife is a travel agency manager and we have cruised so many times, both as a couple and with one of her groups, that I have lost track of them all.

Our Fall group has done the Miracle out of NY three times with the fourth coming up in 3 weeks (September 4th sailing). It is one of my favorite ships - not too big, not too small, and a great pool deck layout.

Last year we sailed the Norwegian Dawn in October and every member of the group was disappointed. When my wife asked if they wanted to hit the Miracle again this year everyone jumped at the opportunity.

Was on the 6/24 Miracle sailing out of NY. Awesome trip....smooth sailing....Perfect. They do 2 itineraries. Mostly.....Nassau, HMC and Grand Turk. They do a few...Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and Grand Turk. I did this one....it was awesome.

Sailing out of NY is priceless.....It is so spectacular....add to the fact you don't have to fly and it is a no-brainer.

happy planning:)

K

Like everything else, your liking a spirit class ship is completely depending on what you like!! I personally love the spirit class ships. It will not be as big as the conquest class ships but it is every bit as nice if you ask me.

Enjoy your cruise!:D

I love the responses...I am about 2 seconds away from booking my cruise on the Miracle Spring break 2011. I was a little hesistant about booking a smaller ship after sailing ships like the Dream, Conquest and Liberty but after doing some research and reading reviews regarding Carnival Miracle....I would say about 90% of the passenger that sail Miracle are repeat passengers and would go a third time. That says a lot about a ship;).

I have also noticed that there are not a lot of reviews on the Miracle and that tells me that 'fans of the Miracle are keeping this the best kept secret on the board'.

If you enjoy bad service, cold and terrible tasting food, bad entertainment,

small uncomfortable cabins, and ugly dacor, well the answer is obvious;

you will hate the MIRACLE:D.

So far she is our favorite ship. And coming from Cape Cod, rather drive than fly.

The entire ships crew and staff are very friendly and efficient. The food was

to die for. Don't forget to book NICK and NORAs for a romantic dinner. The

layout of the Spirit class makes it easy to find your way around and never felt

crowded or cramped. Try to lose 10 - 15 lbs before sailing, or bring extra loose

clothes for trip home. We will be booking MIRacLE again in the future, not :( GLORY.

Hope you enjoy the cruise, have fun and a DOD for me.

Lee

We sailed the Miracle out of NY in May and loved it! It's the first time we didn't have to fly for a cruise and that's a great perk, too! Ship is awesome...we LOVE Spirit class. Staff was superb. Seas were fine. Sailing past the Statue of Liberty is priceless. I would do it again, for sure, but am going to be forced to leave Spirit class next year just so we can see some different ports. After doing Legend 3 times and Miracle once, it will be time for a change...but we shall return!:D

The Miracle is a very comfortable, clean, well-run ship, one which I am proud to be cruising on in October for the fourth time in a year (including a B2B for my honeymoon). Malcolm Burn is a first-rate CD, and all of the itineraries are fun places to visit. To answer your question, I don't recall any rough seas on her at all down the East Coast, but your mileage may vary. Hope you get to cruise on this wonderful ship!

So what is the advantage of the spirit class ships vs. conquest? Is it that it's easier to get around because it's smaller? Less people on board?

How are the balconies, because I got spoiled after my last balcony.:D

I wish we could do the Aruba itinerary, but it's not at a good time for us. So which itinerary do you think is better, the Nassau, HMC and GT, or the PR, St. Thomas, GT. I've been to Nassau (not crazy about it) and St. Thomas before.

How is Camp Carnival on these ships? My kids didn't want to go to the camps on the Liberty. :(

So what is the advantage of the spirit class ships vs. conquest? Is it that it's easier to get around because it's smaller? Less people on board?

How are the balconies, because I got spoiled after my last balcony.:D

I wish we could do the Aruba itinerary, but it's not at a good time for us. So which itinerary do you think is better, the Nassau, HMC and GT, or the PR, St. Thomas, GT. I've been to Nassau (not crazy about it) and St. Thomas before.

How is Camp Carnival on these ships? My kids didn't want to go to the camps on the Liberty. :(

It's easier because it's smaller, but also because it doesn't have that crazy thing on 2 floors where you have to go up/down stairs to get around the galley/dining room. And having less people is a big plus...you rarely get a crowded feeling.

The aft pool and hot tub are adult only, and it's enforced. The aft Lido area is open to the ocean, as opposed to enclosed by glass...much nicer, IMO.

I think the balconies are the same size pretty much between the ships...you have a choice of regular or extended balconies. If you opt for an extended, see if you can get cabins 6232, 7258 or 8232. Those have very long balconies because the balcony runs behind a storage room, in addition to your own balcony;)

I think either itinerary would be good. Grand Turk is very nice and you can enjoy the beach and the huge Margaritaville pool (complete with DJ) for free (if you didn't want to do an excursion). LOVE HMC!!! What a beautiful beach!!! I am also not a fan of Nassau, but we did find an excellent independent snorkeling excursion there. I haven't been on the other itin, but it's on my list:)

I'm fairly sure that most Camp Carnival's are pretty similar, but maybe your kids would click with this one...there's always hope!

We sailed on the Miracle out of NY on 7/18. It was beautiful seeing the building, Ellis Island and of course the Statue of Liberty. The first two days we had a little sea sickness, the waters were a little rough. But we still were able to enjoy ourselves. It was a fabulous cruise! We went to Grand Turk, San Juan, and St Thomas. I would highly recommend this ship. I want to go again very soon.

Kelly

Ok, you guys sold me. Now I just have to sell the idea to my husband, but hey, he was the one who said maybe next time sail out of NY. He lost his voice and he's blaming the dry air on the plane. Yes dear, that's it, so let's not fly next time. Now we just have to decide when to go. I'm hoping to sell my mom's house and if I do, that would make the decision easier, so please keep your fingers crossed that the deal goes through this time.

I think the kids would get a kick out of passing by the statue of Liberty because we live right near it but we haven't taken our son since he was really little and our daughter has never seen it close up.

I just got back last Tuesday from my second time on the Miracle. I would go again as well. The only difference is last year we had Josh "Big Sexy" as the CD and he was the best one We ever experienced. This year was Malcolm Boring Burn. He was the worst cruise director!!! He sucked! He is phony, rude and not into mingling with the guests!

Archived