anybody like/dislike the new beverage packages?

leallison

I recently bought the premium nonalcoholic for my mom on a recent cruise and I think that was a good investment. Doing the math, its quite easy to recoup that cost, getting smoothies, sodas, coffees, and the odd bottled water.

The alcoholic packages required way way way too much drinking on too many days for it to be worthwhile for me. On an at sea day, I might be able to "get my moneys worth" but not any of the other days.

We just returned yesterday from Eclipse 11 night cruise. We had the Classic package. Really glad we did as you don't have to worry about a big end of cruise bill. We had a couple of wines over dinner, as well as a speciality coffee and a liquor to round off the meal. During the day, a couple of cocktails and a couple of coffees. One of two nightcaps at night. All in all, good value as drink prices are extortionate on Celebrity.

We just returned from a Solstice cruise and had the premium package. Instead of booking shore excursions we called it an "alcohol excursion" to help us decide. What this allowed us to do was order premium liquors, any martini we wanted, wines by the glass, non-alcohol coffee drinks, water for going ashore, etc. We more than got our moneys worth and had a ball. Not signing anything was also a plus. If you drink 5 quality drinks per day on a cruise, than this package is right for you.

Myself, my fiancee, my sister and her husband recently sailed on the Celebrity Equinox. We all purchased a beverage package (3 classic alcoholic and one premium non-alcoholic) and I would say on the whole it was a positive experience.

As this was our first cruise we weren't sure how it would work, but I would say it was well organised and there was no confusion over what we were entitled to etc. Our first evening at dinner set the tone, as soon as our sommelier learned we had packages we could relax. Every evening when we arrived at our table there was already a bottle of wine in position (more often than not very drinkable) and the drinker's glasses were never empty. My fiancee actually got a telling off when he left half a glass! As I had a premium non-alcoholic package in our party our waiter always made sure there was a bottle of Evian on ice next to the table and that was replenished automatically and given to all 4 of us even though the others didn't qualify for premium branded soft drinks.

Overall, I think all members of our party got value for money. If you take the unlimited soft drinks including speciality coffee's, a few drinks by the pool in the afternoon, bottomless glasses of wine with dinner and possibly a few cocktails afterwards I would say it was a great deal, and it made for a very merry cruise! :D

We just returned from a Solstice cruise and had the premium package. Instead of booking shore excursions we called it an "alcohol excursion" to help us decide. What this allowed us to do was order premium liquors, any martini we wanted, wines by the glass, non-alcohol coffee drinks, water for going ashore, etc. We more than got our moneys worth and had a ball. Not signing anything was also a plus. If you drink 5 quality drinks per day on a cruise, than this package is right for you.

Yes it is!

Speciality coffees in the morning

Possible bloody mary late morning by the pool

Couple cold beers with lunch/by the pool

Late afternoon cocktail before heading to the room to get ready for dinner

Molecular Bar for drink before dinner

Glass or two of wine with dinner

After dinner drink on the veranda or at the glass show.

Archived