Rice Crispy Treats (weird question I know)

cje19

My Boyfriend and I are traveling on the Jewel this October. I am curious if the Jewel serves Rice Crispy treats anywhere. I have read about all of the wonderful sweet treats they offer, but this has a romantic touch to it.

The first time we met, my guy and I shared a rice crispy treat over coffee. It may not mean much to others, but this is our first adventure together and I thought it would be romantic to have coffee and share a rice crispy treat together on our balcony. If they don't then I will plan on picking one up from a coffee shop in NY before we get on the ship.

Whenever we see one in a coffee shop or bakery it reminds us of that first day we met and brings back all of those wonderful feelings of our first day together.

Have a great day,

C.

Why not "hand make" a batch in advance and pack in your carry on luggage, and wrap them in pretty cellophane w/ribbon and while sitting enjoying a "java" at a coffeshop onboard, bring them out and say "I thought this would bring back some fond memories of when we first met and fell in love" !

I think it is a wonderful/romantic idea you are thinking of doing.

The rice crispy treats are next to the Crepe' Station in the Garden Buffet Deck 12.. just past the deserts in the Main part of the Dinning room.. continue through the doors into the next section of the dinning room, and you will run into a Crepe' Station where they also have brownies and other cookies... enjoy!

How sweet! On our first date, my husband took me to a state fair and we lost the car in the muddy parking lot. Every time we wander around a parking lot looking for the car, we remember that day. Its funny..and not at all romantic..but we always smile and hold hands when we recall all that mud! :)

I love rice crispy treats too!

My Boyfriend and I are traveling on the Jewel this October. I am curious if the Jewel serves Rice Crispy treats anywhere. I have read about all of the wonderful sweet treats they offer, but this has a romantic touch to it.

The first time we met, my guy and I shared a rice crispy treat over coffee. It may not mean much to others, but this is our first adventure together and I thought it would be romantic to have coffee and share a rice crispy treat together on our balcony. If they don't then I will plan on picking one up from a coffee shop in NY before we get on the ship.

Whenever we see one in a coffee shop or bakery it reminds us of that first day we met and brings back all of those wonderful feelings of our first day together.

Have a great day,

C.

Hey...I know what you mean...

My girlfriend and I met over a Ruger P-94 9mm at the shooting range. I wonder if they have a shooting range on the Jewel? It would be so romantic is we could pop of a few clips and remind us of all those wonderful feelings of our first day together.

Nice. You actually have me thinking now. We're sailing over our 10th Anniversary, Oct 2, and I had not really even considered doing anything romantic outside of arranging this cruise. I'm sure my wife would really appreciate something thoughtful though, so I will have to give this some thought. Hmmmm... no rice krispie treats in our story though. Thanks! :)

Thanks for all the wonderful replies. I think I will make a batch and take them along for embarcation day. I think I might shape them into hearts. (i once recreated an x-box 360 controller out of a ricecrispy treat when I made my friend's grooms cake for their wedding so I think I heart is doable for me) Really all I need is one big one for us to share.

AustinOO: If you need any ideas let me know, i'm love little romantic gestures. And honestly (ladies help me out here if you differ) it's the little things that make the difference and mean the most. Is there something special the two of you ate on our wedding day or bring an ipod or MP3 player along, (travel speakers are so cute and really easy to pack) and have on it songs that were played at your wedding including your first dance.

We've learned the hard way this year that life is too short, so I take any moment that occurs to let my family and friends and especially my Sweetie know how much they all mean to me.

Have a wonderful day everyone. Now I have an idea for another thread that i'll post up in Cruise Rituals.

C.

Rice Krispie treats sound like a great romatic memory maker! How sweet for you to think of that for a cruise "treat"!

I don't suppose there is any KFC chicken onboard! On our wedding day (36 years ago! :eek:) DH and I were so busy with photos that the buffet was already cleaned up by the time we wanted to eat! SO...after leaving the reception on our way to the hotel in Daytona Beach where we were spending our first night as husband and wife we stoped at Kentucky Fried Chicken (not yet called KFC in 1974) for something to eat!

we are celebrating our 33rd on our next cruise...been trying to come up with some ideas other than the fact we are on a CRUISE:D

How about hanging a disco ball in your cabin? Your DH could wear his best leisure suits to dinner and you could wear hip huggers and halter tops.

Chocolate covered Rice KrispieTreats were at the Chocolate Buffet on the Pearl December 09. Heaven! They were on a tiered stand, there weren't many of them, and I didn't see them at any other chocolate station but that one. Maybe they were leftovers and someone decided to "freshen" them up with a chocolate dunking. I thought they were delicious!

This is our 20th anniversary trip too, although it is a year later!!! I am so excited for my husband to see Europe. I had a few trips when I was single (21 years ago). I have never been to any of these ports, but they sound great.

Rice Krispie treats sound like a great romatic memory maker! How sweet for you to think of that for a cruise "treat"!

I don't suppose there is any KFC chicken onboard! On our wedding day (36 years ago! :eek:) DH and I were so busy with photos that the buffet was already cleaned up by the time we wanted to eat! SO...after leaving the reception on our way to the hotel in Daytona Beach where we were spending our first night as husband and wife we stoped at Kentucky Fried Chicken (not yet called KFC in 1974) for something to eat!

We had a similar situation--and ended up with a HUGE room service salad that was amazing...we ate it all night at different times! ;) We've yet to find another like it.

Our first date was lunch at a local Italian sub shop. For our 25th this summer, we went back there for lunch and had a wonderful meal. We didn't mention our anniversary but I felt like we should have.

Enjoy your treats!

Archived