Question about walking the Freedom Trail

handwcruisers

I am trying to find out about how long it would take, walking at just average pace to walk from the Boston Commons Visitors Center to the Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall following the Freedom Trail Route. We are just wondering on walking time if we didn't stop just look along the way

Thanks, Vicki

• 2 weeks later...
I would estimate 20-30 minutes.

I would agree with this. We were dropped off in Quincy Market and took our time walking the Trail to Boston Commons. On the way back to the market, we walked down Beacon Street all the way, which was a pretty walk past some nice homes (it is up hill though!)

We also tried to go the cheap route and it was a waste of time! About a block from the City Hall is the NPS site. They offer FREE tours at 10 am and 2 pm. We took the 10am tour. The lady was very knowledgeable but stopped in the oddest of places. The traffic noise was so loud. My wide was 5 feet away and still couldn't hear her. She just said "it was one of the most disappointing tours I had ever been on." She said along the route, "You get what you pay for."

So, after this bad experience, we headed up to Boston Common. They offer at least two tours from here. One is from costumed tour-guide but the one we chose was http://www.tourfreedomtrail.com/

They are college students who added so much to the dry history. They walked backward while talking to you. I learned so much from them!

The two tours were like night and day!

Archived