Cost of Snorkel gear?

londonben

We're flying in from the UK and spending a few days in Key West before a cruise on the Liberty from Miami. Trying to keep the transatlantic luggage low and wondered the approx cost of an adult snorkel and flippers set in Key West. I'm not talking pro-level sports type, just the sets you can buy in beach shops type of thing? We can use them in the Keys and take them on the cruise and then donate/dump them at the end.

Thanks, Ben.

We're flying in from the UK and spending a few days in Key West before a cruise on the Liberty from Miami. Trying to keep the transatlantic luggage low and wondered the approx cost of an adult snorkel and flippers set in Key West. I'm not talking pro-level sports type, just the sets you can buy in beach shops type of thing? We can use them in the Keys and take them on the cruise and then donate/dump them at the end.

Thanks, Ben.

I number these so as to not forget something...

4. A good, panoramic mask minus snorkel will run as high as $50.00 at a dive or specialty shop, e.g., Loat Reef's shop on Front. Very good quality. I just priced these, but don't know about flippers.

3. A mask and snorkel can be had at the variety shop on Duval (and probably at the CVS also on Duval) for $20.00 and will probably be OK for one day. Ditto on the flippers.

2. there are snorkeling equipment rentals at Fort Zach for use at the public beach there for less than the cost of purchasing, but I don't know the cost. It may be on their web page. This will include flippers, too.

1. All of the snorkeling trips out to the reef or into the Sanctuary via boat will include all of your equipment as part of the price of the trip, including smaller, children's masks.

My suggestion would be to rent at Fort Zach

hth

Pjk.

Thanks Pjk, very informative.

Me and my mate were thinking we didn't want to rent so we could use them whenever we felt like it or the opportunity arose.

Think we might bring our mask's and snorkel with us and purchase some cheap flippers if we want them.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived