Sugar Substitute

Carolrd

Are you sure it's splenda? On the April NOS TA there were yellow packets but they were NOT splenda!
We had those mystery yellow packages on the Explorer in March. When we were on the Explorer in Nov 2009, they were still Splenda. I stopped drinking coffee for the duration.

Check label on the yellow packets. Generic name for Splenda is Sucralose. If that is what's listed then same as Splenda.

On Brillliance a couple years ago they had real Splenda but you had to ask for it and they were very stingy with it. I found where they kept it behind the counter and "self served". OK with servers as long as I never took more than two.

I can't use Equal (Aspartame) because it is too much of an appetite stimulant (causes insulin release then blood sugar crash then hunger) but Splenda (sucralose) does not cause insulin release for me. If the yellow packets are not sucralose my cruise would be a lot less sweet.

Are you sure it's splenda? On the April NOS TA there were yellow packets but they were NOT splenda!

Yes it was Splenda on at least our last 4 or 5 RC cruises. It may be that a generic sucralose is also being used as mentioned above bit I haven't seen any.

I've seen other aspartame (Equal type) sweeteners by Domino Sugar and with a RC lable being offered onboard. All were in a blue package.

The one thing u should try is stevia. There are sacralose or artificial sweeteners in it. It's an all natural sugar substitue. Wife loves it

I agree (but you mean there are NO artificial sweeteners in it, right?). I'll be bringing my own Truvia (brand name) with me. :) If you're not sure you'll be able to use what they will provide, bring your own to be on the safe side.

I agree (but you mean there are NO artificial sweeteners in it, right?). I'll be bringing my own Truvia (brand name) with me. :) If you're not sure you'll be able to use what they will provide, bring your own to be on the safe side.

I agree; I will bring my own Truvia with me. All the other substitutes give me headaches and I hate the chemical taste.

Explorer of the Seas in April 2010 had generic yellow, blue and pink packets. No brand names on them. Wish I had known they weren't going to have the real stuff I would have brought a stash of Splenda with me. They had the brand name in January 2009 so I assumed all would be the same.

Explorer of the Seas in April 2010 had generic yellow, blue and pink packets. No brand names on them. Wish I had known they weren't going to have the real stuff I would have brought a stash of Splenda with me. They had the brand name in January 2009 so I assumed all would be the same.

I noticed that too! After about day 4 of using them. 3 different colors of the same stuff. Who knows why. :)

Archived