Next cruise cert. watch out

pollux

Bought 2 NC cert. on the Radiance on sailing from San Diego to Alaska.May 8.

The Loyalty Ambassador was allways busy or not available.

Ordered 2 cruise cert. and findley received them on the last night off the cruise.

After several calls to her.

They are not dated or ship and sailing date information.

Just got off the phone with Rcl and the date issue was 19 May 2010.

So slik she knew that the rules changed and there be no refund or OBC after may 17.

There is no refund on the certificates.

Now I will only book last minut.

RCL sure are playing games with dates.

Ordered 2 cruise cert. and findley received them on the last night off the cruise.

So slik she knew that the rules changed and there be no refund or OBC after may 17.

Email agoldstein@rccl.com and explain what happened......and be nice about it. Your email will be read by his staff in Executive Customer Service, but they do read all emails. Remember to include a phone number where you can be reached.

Here's a thread that may give you some hope Nextcruises bought before June 1st

when you do a next cruise booking you have to put down a deposit. If you used a credit card (doubt you paid cash :rolleyes:) it will have a date that it was posted. RCCL should have to honor your date of NC booking. Or am I way off here?? :cool:

You would think it works that way, and it most cases it would with a specific booking because there is a date on the copy that the LA gives to you.

But with NextCruise bookings, the LA may have had many and decided to process them all at the same time.

Cruisingfever, you are right. There should be a date on the cert. but not on mine nor ship nor sailing.

Yes, she was busy and most have ran all the cert. the last day off the cruise.

I had to call her several times and got them the last minut.

It was on the Radiance leaving SD may 8 for 12 or 13 days cruise.

But since I travel most off the time by myself I only pay 100 per cert.

But now I will not book early anymore.

There's been to many changes in the last few years. We use to always book a future cruise while onboard and pay the full deposit. Since RCI started jacking around with the rules, we stopped booking cruises while onboard. We book when we think we might like to cruise and when the price is acceptable.

I understand things have to change but, when you make to many changes and make things confusing, I tend to back away from the table and consider other options. I wish they'd try using the KISS principle more often (Keep It Simple Stupid).

• 1 month later...

Greetings Patti a.k.a. CruisenFever,

I have been here at the Cruise Critic boards for hours, reading posts you (and some others :rolleyes:) have made regarding NextCruise, going back to 2007.

I'm exhausted!! :eek:

Here is my question to you:

I will be on the AoS wb TA that sails Nov. 28, 2010, and I am wondering whether you know if I will be able to fill out a form to purchase a Celebrity Passages certificate on AoS? :confused:

There doesn't seem to be anyone who has posted as much about "Celebrity Passages" as you have posted about RCCL's "NextCruise" program :(, so I figured I'd find a somewhat recent thread and put a SHOUT OUT to you. :)

I haven't been on a Royal cruise in a while (I used to be able to earn Ship-Shape dollars onboard :rolleyes:) and the itineraries that have caught my eye for 2011 are mostly on X, so that's why I'm thinking that I'd like to lock in OBCs and the "reduced deposit" for a future X sailing, instead of a Royal sailing.

I appreciate your input, since clearly you are the Go-To person for all questions Royal!

Thank you,

Sylvia & Tony

I have been here at the Cruise Critic boards for hours, reading posts you (and some others :rolleyes:) have made regarding NextCruise, going back to 2007.

I will be on the AoS wb TA that sails Nov. 28, 2010, and I am wondering whether you know if I will be able to fill out a form to purchase a Celebrity Passages certificate on AoS? :confused:

There doesn't seem to be anyone who has posted as much about "Celebrity Passages" as you have posted about RCCL's "NextCruise" program :(, so I figured I'd find a somewhat recent thread and put a SHOUT OUT to you. :)

I haven't been on a Royal cruise in a while (I used to be able to earn Ship-Shape dollars onboard :rolleyes:) and the itineraries that have caught my eye for 2011 are mostly on X, so that's why I'm thinking that I'd like to lock in OBCs and the "reduced deposit" for a future X sailing, instead of a Royal sailing.

I appreciate your input, since clearly you are the Go-To person for all questions Royal!

Thank you,

Sylvia & Tony

I don't see why you couldn't. When I was on the Explorer in 2008, I booked 3 future cruises for Celebrity (which we used for our Constellation cruise last year). When we were on the Constellation last year, we booked the second week of our upcoming Oasis cruises. So, yes, you can book on a RCCL ship for a Celebrity cruise and vice versa.

Thank you,

Sylvia & Tony

Hi Sylvia and Tony........as far as I know, yes you sure can book a Celebrity Passage while on board an RCI ship. Just make sure you ask for that type of booking specifically.

Thank you so much for the compliment, but there are others who know more than I do.

The LA did not have an appointment book?? Every RCI ship I have been on the LA had one at his/her desk.

We are just back from the TA on Jewel. There was no appointment book. You made your appointment by dialing "0".

I really do feel better knowing that we should be able to pick up Celebrity Passages certificates on a Royal sailing! :cool:

After everything I read this afternoon, I will make sure I fill out the correct form and if there's a similar item on X, I'll make sure I ask for things like the Friends and Family vouchers. :rolleyes:

Thanks again,

Sylvia & Tony

Archived