Shops on the Epic???

GLARUGLARU

On deck 7 there is a huge line of shops that fill the center of the ship. I think they're all called "Latitudes". On the port side at midship there is a store specializing in watches and other jewelry. The entire time we were on the ship they had their Citizen watches on sale for 40% off "retail", their Tissot watches 15% off, and other items on sale for varying discounts. These discounts were the same all week, so if something strikes your fancy get it early. They don't keep much back stock and it won't be cheaper later. On the starboard side of the ship there were several shops. One specialized in Epic gear, with a lot of items that were specific to their inaugural season. There is another shop with clothing and other items, and a great specialty candy store (sold bulk candy by weight). We liked this store a bunch. lol. Between the jewelry shop and the clothing shop, sitting in an island in the center of the walkway, was a counter that changed their wares every day. The last day they sold cheap watch sets that came with a calculator, keychain, or something similar. I forget the exact price, but it was cheap (like $20? someone will chime in). I often browsed here as I passed by, just seeing what inexpensive stuff they were selling.

Up on the 15th deck aft there's something called The Marketplace. Another place to keep an eye on. One day they were selling $10 watches perfect for teens (got some for my kids so they knew when to check in). The last day they were selling Epic jackets, shorts, hats, etc. for 50% off (some items) and shirts 2 for $20. It's not the nice gear from in Latitudes, but other stuff you didn't see any other time. They were fine for gifts and as mementos for the trip. They also had some pseudo dress watches, also for $10, and "gold by the inch". I was more into the higher end watches than the less expensive items, but there were a lot of people buying things.

There were two other places of note. Outside the Epic theater was a shop selling Blue Man and Cirque gear. They even had BMG shirts and hats that also had the Epic logo. Good quality too. Finally, aft on deck 7 is a shop specializing in large quantities of alcohol for cheap. :) What you don't see is that back and to the left is where they also sell toiletries, snacks and other things you might need while on the ship. It's kind of hidden.

oh, one note, if you see something you like for a good price, buy it. It doesn't go on sale later in the week. The cheap stuff they sell later isn't available in the regular stores. I also found that the watch prices were pretty good. I got a Citizen Ecodrive watch in Mexico a few years back and paid about $110 for it. I found the same watch for the same price on the ship. The Tissot watch I ALMOST bought was also a great price. I've been searching the internet for a week and have not found it cheaper. So like I said, if you see something you like, get it.

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived