Triumph 6424 "Forward and Aft" Questions!

CupKayke

We are going to book the Carnival Triumph THIS WEEK and there is a room with a balcony DOUBLE the size of the regular mid-ship balconies available for the SAME price, port side - Room 6424. This is NOT one of the "angular" rooms on the sides between the aft and the forward but more forward (than aft) if that helps, AT ALL. It has a queen size bed (perfect for hubby & I) and it looks to be next to stairs (?). I would love to have this big balcony but I was reading some of the posts that say aft rooms do not have a breeze and they can be hot. I really would prefer a breeze while sitting on our balcony as that tends to be where we spend 99% of our time on the ship. I don't want a hot balcony! Can anyone assist and give me some info about this specific room??? Thank you!

In case anyone else is interested... I am going to answer my own question here... I took advice from another topic and Googled "Carnival Triumph 6424" and I found several pictures of this exact room ~ and there is NO WAY I am booking this room... the balcony is huge, the closet space is apparently fantastic (there is an extra, large, empty closet in this room) and there is a Queen bed BUT... from the pictures... you cannot lay in bed and look at the ocean. The room is setup where the headboard/back of the bead is against a wall ~ with the balcony door to left and the window to the right. You would literally have to sleep in the bed upside down to see the water. NOT cool for me. My preference is to lay in bed and watch the world float past! :D However, this may be a perfect room for someone else.

Archived