Where is the best view of Port of Miami? Staying at Hyatt.

gatorclaw

I need this shot for the video I'm making for the cruise out of Miami I'm taking in March.

I need to take a ariel photo of the Port of Miami the morning of the cruise. We'll be staying at Hyatt downtown. Is there a decent view from here? or can we go somewhere to got a good shot?

So really, the question is- where is the best view of the port?

Any help would be great. Thanks.

We had a balcony room at the Hyatt last month...you can only really see the tops of the Carnival ships off in the distance between a couple of adjacent skyscrapers. Don't think this is what you are really looking for. Do an internet search for "Miami Wachovia Webcam"...a much better overall view of the ships in port, but taken from quite a distance away, hope this helps, Paul

I watched your video of your last cruise and loved it I really am looking forward to see your Valor one as we are sailing on her in April. When you get it done could you give us Valor sailors a heads up so that we can see it. Is it an Eastern or Western and do take lots of pictures of the ship. Thanks can't wait to see the video. Linda

The Hotel Intercontinetal has a fabulous view since it's right on Biscayne Bay and has no building to interfere with the view. Also, it is my understanding that the Holiday Inn across from Bayside also has great views. The Hyatt, in my opinion, is not the place you want to be.

Miami has a really pretty sail away view as you go out to the ocean, alongside the causeway. You'll be cruising past all these cars headed to the beach. Everyone honks and waves. You'll also cruise past some of Miami's priciest real estate. If you want a view of the ship you can take a cab over to Watson Island. Here, you get a ship (probably a Royal Carribean ship) with the city in the backround (pretty, but not aerial). If you're staying at the Hyatt, take the PeopeMover to either the Intercontinental or the Marriott Biscayne Bay. The Intercontinental is closer, but only shows one side of the port. The Marriott has a great city view, but you have to go up! Hope this helps.

If you're staying at the Hyatt, take the PeopeMover to either the Intercontinental or the Marriott Biscayne Bay. QUOTE]

Sorry, that should read PeopleMover... This is an elevated,automated transport system that shuttles people in and around downtown Miami. Just a side note, on Friday a power outage shut down the People Mover and the cars were stuck for about an hour. This doesn't happen a lot, but maybe you shouldn't try this on the morning of your cruise.;) Also if you're planning to go to Watson Island, go near the Miami Children's Museum for the best views. Everything is pretty close by.

Archived