Just booked the Sky for March Break

spacepotatoes

DH and I went back and forth about it for weeks, but we finally decided on the Sky and just booked it for March Break. It looks like that ship is very well liked around these parts so we are excited. Can't wait! :D

I haven't seen a roll call for this sailing yet, so just curious if any one else will be on the Sky on 03/14/11?

DH and I went back and forth about it for weeks, but we finally decided on the Sky and just booked it for March Break. It looks like that ship is very well liked around these parts so we are excited. Can't wait! :D

I haven't seen a roll call for this sailing yet, so just curious if any one else will be on the Sky on 03/14/11?

It's not uncommon to find no roll call for 3/4 days cruises. You only get going and it's time to leave the ship.

Yes, I know that the shorter cruises tend to attract more of the partiers. I have done my homework and DH and I have gone back and forth considering our options for the last few weeks. But we wanted to get away, we wanted to stick to a budget, and neither of our schedules are flexible enough for much more than this. So, we took the option that we felt would be best. We realize that we're taking our chances with the rowdiness but we're hoping that since each day is a port day, we will be able to find plenty to do away from the party crowd that will be relaxing for us. And we do understand that other people are on vacation too and they're allowed to let off some steam (within reason, obviously).

It's all what you make it, and we are looking forward to having a great vacation :)

Edited to add: now that I've posted this, I'm beginning to wonder if we really did make the wrong choice? I'm starting to get that "famous last words" feeling about my own post!

Yes, I know that the shorter cruises tend to attract more of the partiers. I have done my homework and DH and I have gone back and forth considering our options for the last few weeks. But we wanted to get away, we wanted to stick to a budget, and neither of our schedules are flexible enough for much more than this. So, we took the option that we felt would be best. We realize that we're taking our chances with the rowdiness but we're hoping that since each day is a port day, we will be able to find plenty to do away from the party crowd that will be relaxing for us. And we do understand that other people are on vacation too and they're allowed to let off some steam (within reason, obviously).

It's all what you make it, and we are looking forward to having a great vacation :)

Edited to add: now that I've posted this, I'm beginning to wonder if we really did make the wrong choice? I'm starting to get that "famous last words" feeling about my own post!

You didn't make the wrong choice! We were on the Sky in March during March Break (aka Spring Break) - we're also from SW Ontario. We had a great time! We found there was a wide range of people on board that week which did include some younger people who were there to party, but they never bothered us. We saw them the first day around the pool and other than that we didn't really cross paths with them. We were off the ship in Freeport and Nassau, but missed private island because of rough water. We had a great time and I'm sure you will too! We also read some less than desirable reviews before going and were a little worried, but I have to say having stayed at 5 star hotels and resorts in the past we were not the least bit disappointed with our time on the Sky!

Hi there!

My 14 yr old son and myself will be on this cruise with you and we are so excited. I am not a big drinker and we are going to get away from the awful IOWA winter and don't have big expectations for this cruise. We are easy to please and just plan to go and relax and get some sun. We are most excited about spending the day at Atlantis! I could never afford to take him there otherwise....I think you will have a great time on this cruise. It is really what you make of it!!

Sailed the Sky last March. Sound like you've done your homework and are well aware of what to expect. The ship is older but well maintained. We had lots of college kids on the boat. It was funny as one night was very loud in the hallways and then the next night it was quite (must have been the hangovers) :D

It was a fun trip and if Matt is the cruise director you won't be disappointed!

Enjoy

It sounds like you've got the right attitude if you're going during Spring Break :D. We were on the Jewel in March of 2008 and we made the best of it and had a wonderful vacation. We just realized we couldn't use the pool or the hot tub because of the crowds :cool:. Then figured out later that if we had stayed on board while the ship was in port, we could have had plenty of privacy :).

The noise wasn't bad ... there were a few times you could here them in the halls, but we just laughed it off.

Be sure to come back to the ship early and watch the drunks coming from a day of drinking at Carlos & Charles try to run to make the ship before it leaves :p. That can be pretty entertaining. On our cruise they left one guy, but he caught up with us at the next port. His brother made it, but he didn't !! I would have loved to have heard the conversation with the parents..that is if they every heard the story ?:rolleyes:

Have a wonderful cruise !!!!!

We are very excited about getting to watch pier runners this time around since we didn't know about it on our first cruise. I'm sure there will be lots of drunken shenanigans to entertain us during that week! And the best part - the noise will be DH's problem since, thanks to his snoring, I sleep with ear plugs :D

Archived