Cozumel Horseback/mountain biking ship excursion

ajneedhams

Has anyone done the Carnival Buena Vista horseback or mountain bike excursion through the mayan jungle? I would love any feedback or info. Where can I find the prices and time schedules? If I look at the Carnival website, all I see iare the price guideline (as in $ $$ or $$$) but I am looking for specifics.

Thank you

We did the horseback through carnival two years ago. I do not remember the cost. We were met at the pier, and loaded onto a large bus for the approx. 1 hour trip to the ranch. On the way, the 2nd bus with us broke down, so we had to stop and load all their passengers onto our bus. It was awfully packed in the bus, but we survivied. Once at the ranch, we broke off into smaller groups (I think about 15 - 20 riders in each group) and got our horses. They asked us about how much experience we had and assigned horses accordingly.

The ride itself was pretty nice. They gave you a lot of freedom to gallop and play with the horses. It definitely was not a follow the leader type of ride. At a couple of points on the ride, they showed up some "ruins". To me, they looked like something someone made maybe 20 years ago and are trying to pass off as real "ruins". If you want to see real ruins, do not do this trip.

One last thing, we went at the begining of April and it was very hot. Be sure to wear a hat and bring water along.

we are booked thru www.cozumelinsider.com under Island Adventures to go horseback riding. It is a 10 min cab ride from pier and cost is only $30 for 2 hours. There is Nochi Cocum Beach club right across the street.

You can find a lot by going thru this board and also I did a Cozumel Tour search on googel which gave me a lot of good sites. I have seen www.cozumelinsider.com recommeded on here quite a few times. This will be my first time and will be riding on the 25th of this month. cant wait

Has anyone done the Carnival Buena Vista horseback or mountain bike excursion through the mayan jungle? I would love any feedback or info. Where can I find the prices and time schedules? If I look at the Carnival website, all I see iare the price guideline (as in $ $$ or $$$) but I am looking for specifics.

Thank you

PS on the Carnival website you can hit the link that says "BOOK NOW" -if your cruise is already paid for and all the prices will come up if you are registered on their site

• 2 weeks later...

Archived