Above the Theater

MP&MP

Sailing on the Pearl in October and noticed our room is WAY in the front on the 8th floor above the theater. Has anyone experience loud noise during the day? At night Im not too concerned since we will probably be going to bed after the shows anyways. But during the days at sea we like to take naps.

Thank you!

We were in 9500 on the Pearl and heard loud noises between midnight and 2AM on several occasions. Sounded like Marley's ghost was hauling chains. The crew was apparently changing sets on the stage.

Can't remember if we heard anything during the day but we were out and about.

If you do have your sleep disturbed, I'd suggest contacting reception and express your displeasure.

Other than that, you're going to have a fantastic cruise! :)

Sailing on the Pearl in October and noticed our room is WAY in the front on the 8th floor above the theater. Has anyone experience loud noise during the day? At night Im not too concerned since we will probably be going to bed after the shows anyways. But during the days at sea we like to take naps.

Thank you!

...Hey Me and my hubby will be in the same location. Our trip is the week of Oct 17 on the Pearl and we will be in Room 8007. I booked a GTY cheapest rate and they have alreaddy assigned the room. What date are you sailling? Whats your room number?

We were next to the Stardust on one cruise a few years ago and there was zero noise from there during the day. Rarely is the Stardust used for much during the day. Maybe a port talk or sometimes a movie, but we never heard a peep.

Depending on your stateroom, you may experience Marley's chains also (Love that name for the chain motors!) Most common noises from the theatre are the low end sounds (Base) which should not be an issue during the day even if they have rehearsals since they don't play the volume as loud. Other uses of the theatre generally don't involve the necessary volume to affect the rooms. I had a room over the theatre on the Star and did experience subtle base sounds during the evening show but not enough to be bothersome.

We were above the theater on a ship once and used to hear rehearsals between 2 or 3 pm and 6 or 7 pm. During the evening we were out and about, so the actual shows didn't bother us.

It wasn't a big deal, and just turning on the TV in our room drowned out the theater noise. It didn't bother us.

...Hey Me and my hubby will be in the same location. Our trip is the week of Oct 17 on the Pearl and we will be in Room 8007. I booked a GTY cheapest rate and they have alreaddy assigned the room. What date are you sailling? Whats your room number?

We will be sailing 10/24-10/31.

We were in 9500 on the Star when they were rehearsing a new number after the last production show. We thought we had really loud neighbors, but through a little investigative work (running downstairs), could hear where the noise was coming from. The following night, we could sing along with the cast. :D

thank you so much for all the responses. I can wait till we sail away!:d

...i will try to remember to let you know? Oh right you will be boarding a couple of hours after i'm leaving the port. Well so much for that. We will hope for the best!! Any cruise is a good cruise!

Archived