Corner Brook, Sydney, Halifax, etc Port Questions

Hello-

This is my first time on the boards so forgive me if this is a repeat.

My husband & I are doing a New England NCL cruise departing NYC on September 20th. This will be our first time in this area.

We really are trying to aviod the ship excursions and to do things on our own. Budget is a big consideration for us as our son just announced that he and his girl will be getting married in March in Costa Rica!

I sure could use any help and suggestions. I am especially struggling with Sydney. Thanks so much for any help!

Here are the ports:

Newport

Halifax

Quebec City

Corner Brook

Sydney

Go to the top of the page and click on "Search" then enter in the name of the town in the box. Then just scan the threads listed for what might interest you. There is an awful lot on what to do in these ports on these boards, including rental car info.

Thanks for the help- I have another question. We are in Sydney from 7am until 3.

Is this doable in this short time?

It sounds like if you are going to do one ship excursion this would be the place based on your short stop.

If you are an early riser! Louisbourg does not open until 9:30 after Sept. 1, so I would plan on picking up a car at about 8:15. If you are going after Oct. 15 then Louisbourg is only partially open and I would opt for the scenic drive to Baddeck and Iona. Just get going early. Or you can just go to Baddeck. It is only an hour away.

Archived