Montreal

Being from Montreal.... I can tell you that it's basically a long list of the most popular trendy names in Montreal.

For example, the Bixi is great, unless you have a Visa/MC debit card... since it authorizes $250 when you rent a bike. And of course the need to return the bike every half hour or pay extra. Oh... they didn't mention that? Because they tried to capture the essence of the city in 36 hours.

Basically, every "puff piece" (content written to fill the spaces between the ads) found in a newspaper (or TV show) is probably just useless/dangerous nonsense written by someone on a fat expense account. Now, if I could just cure Joan from taking those articles in the Sunday LA Times "Travel" section seriously.

We visited Quebec a few years ago because of one of them. We had a great time; but even she was disappointed about the specific "highlight" that we traveled to. What we REALLY enjoyed was not the area north of Quebec City that had an artistic bent, but staying on Isle d'Orleans with the local people.

Let serendipity happen.

Wow, all it is was a writeup on Montreal. If you don't care for it, just don't read it.

I would not travel to Montreal just because of one article but I would read up on Montreal using a variety of resources including articles.

Keith

Keith, I'm just back from a long stay in Montreal. It is a wond3erful city. I fid this article iterestig, but as usual it is impossible for a person to do it all on one visit. You have to make choices. Thanks for the link.

The iPhone, iPad access issues in Montreal put a real dent in my enjoyment of my viist. Why can't the service providers of Canada and the US get along for the benefit of consumers?

Hi Penny, I agree with you. It would be good if the providers in Canada and the USA coulld provide a service that was more seamless for the users. Welcome home. It's much hotter in our state than I think it was when you were in Montreal.

Keith

Archived