Behind the Scene's Tour on Paradise?

wfinley

• 2 months later...
Has anyone been on the Behind the Scenes Tour on Paradise or other Fantasy class ships?

If so when was the tour? I think it is on the sea day but I am wondering what time of day.

Thanks

I am interested in this tour also so I am bringing this post back to life to see if we can get any responses.:)

If anyone has done this...how much was it??? $55.00 or $95.00???

Thanks!

I took the tour on the Fantasy when she was still in Mobile. I recall we met up about 0900 in one of the lounges on the last sea day. The tour was $55. Best money that I have ever spent on a cruise ship. The tour lasted about 2.5 hours and covered most of the below deck spaces (minus the crews actual living quarters and the engine room), the galley and the bridge. NO photos are allowed on the entire tour. They searched and took everyones cameras and cell phones before starting the tour. Gifts were a photo with the Captain, lanyard, hat and a plate of sweet treats delivered to the cabin.

I took the tour on the Fantasy when she was still in Mobile. I recall we met up about 0900 in one of the lounges on the last sea day. The tour was $55. Best money that I have ever spent on a cruise ship. The tour lasted about 2.5 hours and covered most of the below deck spaces (minus the crews actual living quarters and the engine room), the galley and the bridge. NO photos are allowed on the entire tour. They searched and took everyones cameras and cell phones before starting the tour. Gifts were a photo with the Captain, lanyard, hat and a plate of sweet treats delivered to the cabin.

Thank you so much for the info! Sounds like fun!:)

We did this tour in July on the Fascination. Same thing as earlier poster - $55 each, signed up as soon as we got on the ship at the Guest Services/Excursion desk. The tickets were delivered to our cabin the next morning. It was a lot of fun - just remember to wear closed-toe shoes, no cameras or cell phones.

3 in our group took the Behind the Fun tour on the Spirit in September and it was $95. It was to be 3.5 hours but they went about 4 hours. It was a 7 night cruise. They got several treats, including a goodie plate delivered to the cabin, picture with the captain, backpack, carved soap, baseball hat, etc. They also had juice, hot beverages and pastries for them at the start. No pictures or phones or cameras allowed. This was first thing in the AM on the last sea day, I think about 9 AM. I believe that on shorter cruises the tour is shorter and the cost is less.

They said it was fantastic, a real highlight of the trip. I wish I had taken the tour.

Jen in SoCal

Has anyone been on the Behind the Scenes Tour on Paradise or other Fantasy class ships?

If so when was the tour? I think it is on the sea day but I am wondering what time of day.

Thanks

this may be stupid...but why do you have to wear closed-toed shoes (like the one poster mentioned)?

is this tour offered on all carnival ships? anyone done this on the dream?

is it always during an at sea day? thinking this would be nice for an at sea day activity (since i always end up spending alot wandering on the ship those days anyways!)

guessing there's no way to book this in advance? so inquire at the excursions desk when you board the ship?

this may be stupid...but why do you have to wear closed-toed shoes (like the one poster mentioned)?

is it always during an at sea day? thinking this would be nice for an at sea day activity (since i always end up spending alot wandering on the ship those days anyways!)

guessing there's no way to book this in advance? so inquire at the excursions desk when you board the ship?

Closed toe shoes because of all the walking up and down stairs and other places too. Looking to do it on the Dream if offered in July. Have done it on the Paradise last April. Great 55.00 spent and lots of fun.

It was on a sea day. You book as soon as you get on board with Guest Services. If you wait until their give their info about shore excursions it will be sold out. Love the small group of about 18 people total. Very personalized and all questions were asked. Also like there is an age min.

We have taken this tour on both the Paradise ($55/pp) and the Splendor ($95/pp). It's always the morning of the last sea day. They do 2 tours of 16 people each, one starts at 8:45 and the other at 9:15. You go to many 'rough' areas of the ship below decks and up and down many very steep metal stairs, so no sandals allowed, only closed toed shoes. We were just on the Splendor for the 2nd time last week and didn't take the tour again but many in our group of 29 did and thought it was well worth the money and the highlight of the cruise. They all went immediately to the excursion desk when boarding to book it as it fills up very fast.

We did the "behind the fun tour" on The Conquest and had such a terrific time that I hope The Magic offers it. It cost $95.00 per person, 13 and over, is held on the last sea day and lasts 3-hours.

We met in the library where security wanded us to make sure we didn't have any cell phones or cameras with us. We went in the bowels of the ship where the crew lives, although we couldn't see their cabins just in case some one worked the late night shift and was sleeping. We saw the engine control room, the bridge (had our photographs taken with the Captain), the gallery (the trays our server carries wear 13 lbs, empty. And each server carries enough dishes to serve up to six peope. So imagine how much the trays weigh when they are carrying them on their shoulders.) We went in the sub-freezer where they keep the ice scruptures and ice cream. Saw we the brig (jail) and morgue :eek: was.) Went to the specialty restaurant and learn the difference in the cuts of meat served in this restaurant compared to the ones served in the main dining room. We also went behind the scenes wear the entertainters practice and their changing room. One big room, filled with props and costumes that both men and women share while changing costumes.

At the end of the cruise we got a soft-sided back pack and cap with Behind the Fun written on it. Something you won't get in the gift shop. We also got three photos; one with just all the people on the tour, one with all of us with the Captain on the Bridge and another one with each of us, individually, with the Captain.

If you can sign up for this, please do the minute the tour desk opens because it is limited to 9-11 people.

Archived