Liberty 7/31 - 8/7

Scootch

We were on the same cruise as you. I forgot about the guy going around in the dining room asking if we wanted bottled water. $20? I'm glad I said that I just want regular water. My son had that flatiron steak a couple of times and although I didn't taste it, he loved it and it looked very tender because I had to cut his meat for him. We enjoyed the food, but sad to hear that it used to be better.

My husband fell asleep every night at the shows except for the Motown one, which he loved because the guy got the audience involved. The Legends show was good too. I thought the others were kind of boring, and the Village Idiots were truly idiotic. A couple of the comedians at Punchliners were great though.

The muster drill-yeah I thought that was never going to end with all the different languages, although I thought they only repeated it in Spanish and French. I must have zoned out and missed the others. If I have to listen to all that in a real emergency, we'll drown before they finish! Maybe they should have special stations for those who don't speak English so they can just give the instructions to them in their language instead of having to go through so many languages.

I didn't know that we weren't allowed to feed the stingrays. No wonder they didn't feed them when we went to Stingray City, and no wonder there weren't that many there. Yeah, they did feel like mushrooms. LOL

We did Dunn's River Falls too and paid the $40 for the vidoe and gave the guy a tip and the guide too. No wonder they treated us so nice! They deserved it though because they did treat everyone nice and really helped me up those rocks and when my daughter and I chickened out, the video guy tried to get me to come back in.

We enjoyed Cozumel, but we went to Nachi Cocum and didn't find the beaches rocky. It was beautiful!

I also bought a future cruise certificiate, but I think at some point we want to try the Oasis or another RC cruise. I think it would be good to compare them.

I've heard wonderul things abou Nachi Cocum and would love to go there. Glad to hear that beach isn't rocky. My opinion was based on experiencing it on 2 different beaches at Cozumel.

Yes, they guides at Dunns River are sweet. We too tipped. Believe me, I understand that this is the mechanism for which these dear people earn an income and if they make my vacation memorable I have no problem w/ sharin' the love!!!

I was bummed about not being able to feed the sting rays, but understand that we have to protect these beautiful creatures. The reasoning for not being able to feed them is that a study was done on these sting rays and they were found to have high cholesterol from eating so much. :eek::eek: I'm not fibbing...this is what we were told.

Quick question about the hotel. I am staying at the intercontinental one night pre and post Liberty this week. Last time we were in Miami, the cab driver wanted to charge me 2 arms and a leg to go directly from the hotel to the port. To save some money, we took the hotel's free shuttle to the airport and then took a cab for $24 to the port. Do you remember how much the cab was from the hotel to port? Was there a specific cab company or did the hotel call it in for you?

I believe the cab ride was around $10.00. It should have been a bit less, but the cabbie took us for an extra spin through the parking lot because he thought we wanted the other CCL ship. Not sure if a hoax or not, but it was only a few cents so we weren't upset.

You are smart taking a day post-cruise. When disenbarking I always wonder why I didn't plan for the extra day instead of the hustle and bustle of hurrying back.

If you remember to, in the evening when it cools off, take a walk around the other side of the hotel. (if the front enterance of the hotel is 6 oclock, the other side would be 12 oclock) There is an apartments on the other side. You can sit next on benches next to the bay and relax. Folks are walking their dogs, riding bikes, etc..... It is very relaxing on that side.

Also, we found a restuarant (located at 3 oclock) that I wish we would have discovered before we ate.....I don't remember the exact name, but it had the word "chop" in the name. Ask someone at the hotel if they would recommend this restaurant...it looked very nice.

I hope you have a happy, safe trip.

I've heard wonderul things abou Nachi Cocum and would love to go there. Glad to hear that beach isn't rocky. My opinion was based on experiencing it on 2 different beaches at Cozumel.

Yes, they guides at Dunns River are sweet. We too tipped. Believe me, I understand that this is the mechanism for which these dear people earn an income and if they make my vacation memorable I have no problem w/ sharin' the love!!!

I was bummed about not being able to feed the sting rays, but understand that we have to protect these beautiful creatures. The reasoning for not being able to feed them is that a study was done on these sting rays and they were found to have high cholesterol from eating so much. :eek::eek: I'm not fibbing...this is what we were told.

We have been to three beaches in Cozumel and Nachi Cocum is the best of the three.

Butch was the CD and his last voyage was the week we sailed. His Assist., was taking over....I think his name was Ryan. Unfortunately, I can't give you any info on him....only saw him for 5 min when I was watching the CD morning show on the TV.

Happy sailing!

I think it was Kyle Post who took over for Butch. On the disembarkation day, Butch left the ship early and Kyle came over the loudspeaker and said something like "Did Butch leave yet? This is Kyle your cruise director". LOL To tell the truth, I saw Kyle around the ship more than I did Butch. He seems pretty good.

Grand Caymen - we did snorkling w/ swim w/ stingrays. Wonderful experience, but you aren't allowed to feed them anymore. The excursion guys go down and bring the rays over for you to pet. It's like petting a giant portabella mushroom. It was crowded so you didn't get to really interact. The excursion guides were very nice and helpful with snorkling.

We too were on the same sailing of the Liberty. We booked the Catamaran ride to Stingray City (with Carnival). We had LOTS of one-on-one time with the stingrays, we got to feed them and we had a photographer that took WONDERFUL pictures. She then made us a CD and we took the whole lot of pics home with us. I would book it again in a heartbeat. It was the ALLURA catamaran. There were 3 staff on the boat and they were all wonderful!!!

I was on this cruise as well. Nachi is the best! We did stingray city with Native Way and they were awesome, we did get to feed the stingray's. We also did Dunn's and water tubing in Jamaica. Whole trip was awesome! Ship was awesome! Comedy club was good, I would recommend Jim Brick and Darren Sanders, we didn't care for the female commedians. The shows were good that we seen, the one was a little long but ok. Kyle did take over for Butch as CD, I was talking to Ryan about it the last night.

We had carried on a 12 pack of water bottles for our room, but usually drank the tap water at dinner. We said that was our hydration time becuase our water glass was never empty.

Have a great cruise! I know that I did and want to go on another cruise next year.

Karen

I think it was Kyle Post who took over for Butch. On the disembarkation day, Butch left the ship early and Kyle came over the loudspeaker and said something like "Did Butch leave yet? This is Kyle your cruise director". LOL To tell the truth, I saw Kyle around the ship more than I did Butch. He seems pretty good.

You are right, it is Kyle and I did hear him on disembarkment day. :)

We too were on the same sailing of the Liberty. We booked the Catamaran ride to Stingray City (with Carnival). We had LOTS of one-on-one time with the stingrays, we got to feed them and we had a photographer that took WONDERFUL pictures. She then made us a CD and we took the whole lot of pics home with us. I would book it again in a heartbeat. It was the ALLURA catamaran. There were 3 staff on the boat and they were all wonderful!!!

Thank you for sharing. I will write this down for next time.

Archived