French River Barge with Continental Waterways

celem

My wife and I are booked on a mid-March river barge cruise in France’s Provence region on the “Continental Waterways” Caprice, which accommodates 22 passengers in 12 cabins. I realize that mid-March will be a little cool but the recently announced price reduction for this date was too good to not book it. The “Provence & the Camargue” cruise is actually offered through Overseas Adventure Travel (OAT).

Anyway, I have a couple of questions for anyone that may have previously sailed on one of Continental Waterways’ barges. (1) Is there any electricity in the cabin for an electric razor? (2) The brochure is rather vague on the bathroom e/w shower in each cabin. Given the cabin’s very small size, what is this bathroom like? It seems that it would be so small that you’d have the toilet in the shower with you.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

We went on the lafayette in 2004. We book thru A&K but I think it was under continental waterways. The electricity was euro style 2 small round prongs. The bathroom was very small but the shower on our ship was separate. I dont think there was a plug in the bathroom. It was a wonderful trip thru burgundy - loved the tours - food - and other passengers.

Have a great trip ...

Thank you for responding. I assume that the two small Euro type plugs also denote 240V power. Also, I hope that the singular "shower" was an omission and that you meant "showers", as in plural - one per room.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Scandls - two more questions.

1. Is there any sort of laundry/cleaning service available? I want to pack as light as possible.

2. If we take rolling bags is there any storage space for them? Or are we better off with a soft bag? My wife is insisting on taking a rolling bag but its storage concerns me.

they will store your suitcases for you. there is room enough for your carry on but don't worry they take care of storage for you. the rooms have no locks be prepared you should leave extra jewels etc at home. staff on the boat at all times we took new camera but no fancy jewelry and not much cash. have a great trip .... great way to experience a bit of europe.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived