Hotels around Port Canaveral

tc50

Stayed at the Raddison a few weeks ago the night before our cruise for $90. If you stay there, make sure you book a reservation on the shuttle, just don't show up and expect to get on. Thankfully we were on then 2nd shuttle of the day...I think like 12:00. There were a TON of people in the lobby waiting on transportation, I don't even want to think how long some of them had to wait.

The hotel was ok. Keep in mind that its an older design, where you enter all the rooms from the outside. This kind of sucked hauling luggage in the horrible heat/humidity. Our rooms were a long way from an elevator as well. The room itself had been updated and was more than adequate. The pool was nice looking, with a waterfall and large bar area, but we didn't have much time there.

We took a rental car shuttle after the cruise, so I can't comment on how the shuttle service is when getting off the ship. I can't imagine it was much fun with the amount of people getting off the boat.

One thing I can tell you about Travelynx who does the transport for Residence and Courtyard is that they have a list and number of people to pick up given to them by the hotel the night before and they come with a huge bus if needed. We sailed the Freedom in July and were at the Courtyard. We were picked up at 11am and a the driver had a huge bus because of the number of passengers. Other times it's been a van with a pull along trailer when there were only a few people. We were in the terminal and checked in by 11:30. Plus when you disembark and go to Travelynx, they don't sit and wait to get a full bus, they just leave right away and take you back to your hotel/car. That was a good benefit to us. At least that's been our experience and we've done it about six times and plan to do it again in Dec.

Archived