Alcohol Drink Card

globe9

A friend of mine told me that Carnival sells a drink card that can be used to buy unlimited alcoholic drinks. She said that you must be in a group of 40 or more people and that all 40 people have to agree to buy this card.

I have never heard of anything like this. Is this information accurate?

If so, could I book with a TA and have them put me in a group with people who have agreed to buy this drink card? Also, does anyone know the price of this card? Friend said she thought it was around $250, but wasn't sure.

Thanks!

Yes, it is possible to set up a group cruise that works like that. However, I don't think that you could just go to any TA and insert yourself into that group. They wouldn't really know which group cruises are out there like that.

Yes, it is possible to set up a group cruise that works like that. However, I don't think that you could just go to any TA and insert yourself into that group. They wouldn't really know which group cruises are out there like that.

I just figured that most groups that large would book with a TA and that probably the TA would inform them of the option of this drink card for their group and the group could decide to buy or not to buy. We have a large TA here in NOLA that handles A LOT of group cruises and I thought I'd call and ask to see if any of the groups had chosen the drink card option. Being in NOLA, it's a pretty safe bet that many of the groups use this option.

Anyone have any concrete details on price? $250 sounds like a lot, but when you add it all up, it really is quite a bargain. Much better than trying to smuggle :D

I

Anyone have any concrete details on price? $250 sounds like a lot, but when you add it all up, it really is quite a bargain. Much better than trying to smuggle :D

Acutally 250.00 is cheap. The above is 55.00pp per day

In group bookings-- EVERYONE pays for the package-- if one person does not drink the group can not get the package. It averages about 700.00 per couple for the 7 days. Considering that 2 of those days are getting on and getting off. A person would need to drink at least 7 drinks a day to break even. Thats EVERY day.

If you really wanted to drink I don't think $250 is that bad of a price. If you look at the $250 over 7 days it works out to about $35.71 at day and with beer at $5 a piece that work out to just over 7 beers a day. So if you drink more than 7 beers each day you would be saving money.

If you really wanted to drink I don't think $250 is that bad of a price. If you look at the $250 over 7 days it works out to about $35.71 at day and with beer at $5 a piece that work out to just over 7 beers a day. So if you drink more than 7 beers each day you would be saving money.

the only thing is, its not $250, its $385 for a 7 day cruise. I have been working on a group cruise and you have to get the right person on the phone to even get this done, AND EVERYONE in the group has to purchase the open bar card, even if they dont drink! Its a good deal for some but you have to figure that 3 of the 7 days you will be in port and spending your money in port. We opted for a couple 3 hr private cocktail parties with open bar instead of the open bar card, it just seemed a better deal for us.

Archived