Noisy cabins - Dream - Deck 10 under the Lido deck

newcruisertk

The balcony rooms on deck 10 under the Lido deck are extremely noisy due to movements of chairs on the Lido desk.

When we complained, after our first day of cruising, Carnival acknowledged problems with our room and offered 20% off. I wanted to change rooms but none were available so I took the 20% and purchased ear plugs.

I asked others cruisers in balcony rooms on deck 10 below Lido and they too acknowledged the noise problem. I suggested they complain and get a discount as compensation for the noise.

Lastly, I must question Carnival's integrity since they continue to sell these rooms knowing that there are noise problems. :mad:

This happens on every ship and on all the cruiselines I have sailed on. Experienced cruisers know not to book any room that isn't stacked between other cabins. Never book a room that is over or under a public area.

Also the cost of those rooms that are over or under the loud public areas are less money than those that aren't.

The balcony rooms on deck 10 under the Lido deck are extremely noisy due to movements of chairs on the Lido desk.

When we complained, after our first day of cruising, Carnival acknowledged problems with our room and offered 20% off. I wanted to change rooms but none were available so I took the 20% and purchased ear plugs.

I asked others cruisers in balcony rooms on deck 10 below Lido and they too acknowledged the noise problem. I suggested they complain and get a discount as compensation for the noise.

Lastly, I must question Carnival's integrity since they continue to sell these rooms knowing that there are noise problems. :mad:

Congrats on 20 % rebate. Did you not know being under the lido would be noisey

I learned that lesson the hard way. No, I didn't go crying to the pursers desk. Imagine that. You have an upstairs neighbor and you can hear noise.:eek: OMG!!

It was a life lesson.

Next time, an aft balcony, but 2 decks below the lido deck.

As you might be able to tell from my username, newcruisertk, I was unaware that cabins under the Lido deck would be noisy. The noise problem was from moving chairs and not from people. I would have thought that insulation or rubberized ends on the chair legs would have been considered.

Anyway, as another poster suggested, it was a life lesson.

Archived